13A Visa question

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have had ACR cards take 3-5 months.  I have 4, maybe?  Each one is different. None were quick.  Could depend on how far from Manila you are, too.

stang70
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, BC57 said:

I had to call about my visa over and over. Legal told me they approved it and it was at the BOC. BOC tells me some info about the spouse wasn't listed in the details section on the computer, whatever that means. My estimated date for approval was 08-05-19, was officially approved on 09-12-19. Once approved then the ACR division is notified. After my visa approval I called the ACR division and they only would say it is being processed. I contacted the Immigration helpline on Facebook just to see what they would say about the processing time. They said it takes about 30 days. Now about seven years ago immigration commissioner at that time put a memorandum to his ACR staff saying the ACR cards must be completed in 3-5 days once received or face disciplinary charges. Now we all know they are falling those instructions. There is absolutely no reason why the ACR card should take 30 days to receive when all of your paperwork has been sitting in Manila for 2 months or more. Have you talked to the legal department or BOC in Manila? Good luck

Thanks for the info I’ve been extending my tourist visa for month at a time and every time I go back to BI I check to see if ACR-1 card is ready and they always refer me to legal and when I go to legal all they will say is it’s still processing if it’s not ready soon I will have to extend my tourist visa again

stang70
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I have had ACR cards take 3-5 months.  I have 4, maybe?  Each one is different. None were quick.  Could depend on how far from Manila you are, too.

I am in Manila should it still take so long?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stang70 said:

I am in Manila should it still take so long?

It took about 3 months just for a tourist ARC so I would imagine its the same with ARC-I  and no matter where you are. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, graham59 said:

Cheers.

I am on my second successive Balikbayan year now.  What I was wondering was,  can I use that first Balikbayan year to satisfy the 6 months residency requirement that supposedly does away with the necessity for 'police clearance' from my home country (not the NBI clearance).  :89:

You have been out of the country so I would say no.

stang70
Posted
Posted

Update  Went  back to BI  yesterday to extend my tourist visa and check status of my non-quota visa. When I check the status of my Non- quota visa, The agent asked me how many times I’ve been there and I told her three times she told me that my non-quota  was  approved 28 August. I was at BI  on 28 August and check the status then and they told me it was not ready to keep watching the list. I guess this is the case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. I’m going back  next Friday October 4 and pick it up

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Congratulations and thanks for the update.

• Like 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

That's the reason I plan on applying for the 13A Vida about 6 months before I leave the USA.  So in February of 2020 or so.  I've always heard it's good to get it before you arrive.  Congrats on finally getting your 13A stang70.😀

stang70
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Balisidar said:

That's the reason I plan on applying for the 13A Vida about 6 months before I leave the USA.  So in February of 2020 or so.  I've always heard it's good to get it before you arrive.  Congrats on finally getting your 13A stang70.😀

Tks I would have done that too but I didn’t get married until I got here

stang70
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Old55 said:

Congratulations and thanks for the update.

Tks and your welcome