Worldremit, no I dont recommend them like I did for years

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Twice now they have blocked my transactions. The first time was sorted out on the phone. Now 3 weeks later blocked again from a transaction on the 17th.

After phoning the second time they said they might require more information and about a day later I get an Email with questions. I answered and also gave them requested info, screenshot of bank account, my passport, my GF passport as thats where the money is deposited but still no money.

I called again this morning, still processing they say.

Then just to top off my anger my Skype credit ran out so end of call.

Shove it up your ass and return my money comes to mind, good thing phone call ended. 

:1927_:

• Like 3
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Simple things like this can cause serious issues. Even if they sort it out quickly you still don't know if later another delay may take place.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Transferwise.jpg

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Shove it up your ass and return my money comes to mind, good thing phone call ended. 

Yeah... understand completely... but tell them to shove it up sideways.

roddavis
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Twice now they have blocked my transactions. The first time was sorted out on the phone. Now 3 weeks later blocked again from a transaction on the 17th.

After phoning the second time they said they might require more information and about a day later I get an Email with questions. I answered and also gave them requested info, screenshot of bank account, my passport, my GF passport as thats where the money is deposited but still no money.

Ame thing happend to me. You will eventually get your money, but latter. Thats why I now use trasferwise. 2 years and no additional checking!

8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Transferwise.jpg

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

I have a friend in Africa, who I used Western Union to send money to for years.  All of a sudden, the transactions became disallowed, so I turned to World Remit.  After one successful send, subsequent transactions were also blocked.  They bill themselves as being the answer to third world help and support, yada yada.  My friend would be the poster child for that effort, he's a pastor even, yet no help whatsoever from these jerks.  We set up a direct bank wire methodology instead. 

With both of these companies, they have hidden criteria that they won't reveal for flagging transactions.  They won't say if it is a hidden dollar amount, a matter of transaction frequency or dates, a location zip code, a name trigger, etc.  Nothing.  I have argued for an hour with various 'supervisors' to try to gain some understanding, they are like a stone wall.  Screw 'em all.   

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

I too have just dropped them recently (after 3 years or more, without issues) .

1. My UK bank's OTPs were no longer 'working' on WRemit.

2. They then kindly informed me that they'd 'streamlined' their systems.... by depriving their customers (like me) of the FREE SOFORT direct bank transfer facility altogether.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I'm giving Azimo a try now. 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Calm down. Take a deep breath. You are living in the Phills!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Calm down. Take a deep breath. You are living in the Phills!

I did and about 10 minutes after I posted this topic an Email came saying money is on its way which it is now in the bank.

What I dont like is its happened twice in a month. Could be because its a high amount being sent but would of thought after sorting it out the first time it would be no problem for further transactions. 

• Sad 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I had 2 large transactions stopped last year with World Remit, 1 of them required lots of proof documents which was a pain because some of the documents were in Ozamiz and some were in Cagayan De Oro.  It eventually got sorted out.

I never had an issue with a send of 10000 or less, I had short delays with sends of 20,000 and 2 sends of 90,000 were delayed for some days and required documents.

I still regularly use World Remit but only for amounts under 30,000 anything larger I send with Western Union or do a bank transfer.

• Like 1