Fast motorcycle evades police, for a while

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I did the TT circuit once on mad sunday , once was enough on my Kawasaki 900

You too eh LOL

I did mad sunday once on my Kawasaki 750.  I had a similar experience... getting passed doing 160kph on a sweeping corner (with a huge drop off down a hill to my right) when 4 suzukis (all GSXRs from what I remember) went around me on the outside doing a lot more speed *voosh* *voosh* *vossh* *voosh*.

I don't regret doing it... but I too am too old now for mad sunday, I'd go back and watch the racing and drink beer in a heartbeat though!

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

You too eh LOL

I did mad sunday once on my Kawasaki 750.  I had a similar experience... getting passed doing 160kph on a sweeping corner (with a huge drop off down a hill to my right) when 4 suzukis (all GSXRs from what I remember) went around me on the outside doing a lot more speed *voosh* *voosh* *vossh* *voosh*.

I don't regret doing it... but I too am too old now for mad sunday, I'd go back and watch the racing and drink beer in a heartbeat though!

These days I enjoy getting on my Honda f6c also known as a valkyrie,  it's like a shot up to 60 , and tops out at around 130 mph,  it's like hanging on to a dragon after 100 because of the upright riding position

I really enjoy just meandering around the country lanes with the odd short burst of acceleration thrown in , I happy just to cruise around 

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, bastonjock said:

These days I enjoy getting on my Honda f6c also known as a valkyrie

Nice bikes those!  A mate of mine had one until he got too old and couldn't handle the weight anymore so he bought a trike.  I had a Harley Street Glide until recently that I sold for the same reason, my arthritis and bung knee made stopping and moving it at low speed unsafe (once moving it was fine).  I've still got my V-Strom 650 (that's tall but it's a lot lighter) in Australia and the little Honda Wave 125 in the Philippines.

Mostly I ride somewhere and have a meal in a pub and ride back (sedately) these days... a far cry from how I used to ride but at least I'm still riding.

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

Mostly I ride somewhere and have a meal in a pub and ride back (sedately) these days... a far cry from how I used to ride but at least I'm still riding.

Now I am super sedate on my little 150 Kawasaki. Drivers here are too nuts to risk riding the bike much - or fast.

If, in the late '70's you were in your car in traffic on a highway and some fool whizzed past you on the white dotted line between cars doing 80 (mph) in a 55 zone....that would be me on my Triumph Daytona 500. Not so fast, but very loud and with superb handling.

But I was immortal then...alas...

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I prefer the easy rider type of bikes. King and Queen seats. Never had enough money to own one. I'm crying now.:SugarwareZ-034:

• Sad 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I prefer the easy rider type of bikes. King and Queen seats. Never had enough money to own one. I'm crying now.:SugarwareZ-034:

Would something like this do ?IMG_20180527_131058461_HDR.jpg

• Like 4