Murders in Olongapo!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This is scary!  Not much detail yet.  Another article said the suspect was middle eastern.  That poor child!

TWO DEAD, ONE INJURED IN ULO NG APO SHOOTING
By Jonas Reyes

OLONGAPO CITY – Two people were killed, another person was injured after a gunman shot the three inside a subcompact car at the Ulo ng Apo roundabout around 10 o’clock Friday morning.
According to information gathered from the area, bystanders heard gunshots near the Ulo ng Apo as they saw the gunman fleeing from a Mitsubishi Mirage car in front of a hardware store
Witnesses also saw the wounded driver, a male Caucasian, leaving the car then lying flat in front of the hardware store. Upon further inspection, they saw another male Caucasian in the front passenger side and a woman in the back bloodied and slumped along with a child.
The child was taken by the Olongapo rescue team for medical checkup.
The authorities are currently on the look-out for the suspect whom they believed to be a foreigner.

https://www.facebook.com/zambalesheraldonline/

• Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Crazy!

UPDATE!!! AUSSIE SHOOTER KILLS TWO, INJURES EXPAT IN ULO NG APO SHOOTING
By Jonas Reyes

OLONGAPO CITY – A bar owner and a beach resort owner were shot dead by an Australian gunman inside a subcompact car near the Ulo ng Apo roundabout this Friday morning.
According to Vice Mayor Jong Cortez, the suspect was identified as Australian Michael McLaren, a guest at the Gum Leaves Beach Resort in Barrio Barretto.
Mclaren shot and killed fellow Aussie Anthony George Wilson, owner of the Crazy Horse Bar Subic, and Mila Bailey y Lula, owner of the Gum Leaves Beach Resort, inside a Mitsubishi Mirage car.
The vice mayor also stated that the suspect shot driver Wayne Bailey, husband of Mila, but the victim was able to escape the small car and lie flat in front of a hardware store. Rescuers rushed Wayne to a hospital for medical treatment and is currently in a stable condition.
The Bailey’s daughter was left unscathed, and was taken by emergency response officials for further checkup.
All victims were residents of No. 133 National Highway, Barrio Barretto in Olongapo City. The suspect was apprehended earlier by the Olongapo City Police Office (OCPO) after a follow up operation.
Motives of the shooting are still being determined.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Money had to be involved most likely, or jealousy maybe. Last time I was in Barrio Barretto was in 2004. Many lives ruined here. What a shame.:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Money had to be involved most likely, or jealousy maybe. Last time I was in Barrio Barretto was in 2004. Many lives ruined here. What a shame.:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

Still don't know what the motive was but the driver who survived probably knows.  Found out that the two deceased have children going to a private school, Quiz Bee, that is adjacent to Royal Duty Free, just down the road from us.

Only in the Philippines.  People taking selfies with the arrested suspect.  He does not seem too upset about anything.  Crime of passion?

72412243_2801701536528576_8594724361003335680_n.jpg

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Still don't know what the motive was but the driver who survived probably knows.  Found out that the two deceased have children going to a private school, Quiz Bee, that is adjacent to Royal Duty Free, just down the road from us.

Only in the Philippines.  People taking selfies with the arrested suspect.  He does not seem too upset about anything.  Crime of passion?

72412243_2801701536528576_8594724361003335680_n.jpg

You must be living on the old US Navy base? The guy in the pic looks skinny. Might have got addicted to shabu maybe. We will have to wait and see. Years ago I was hooked on speed in the pill form for about 8 months. After going without sleep for days on end I started hearing people talking that weren't even there. Nasty stuff. Never try it.:bomb_80_anim_gif:

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Some people do go 'skinny' when living in the tropics for a while. I do...but perfectly healthy, and no drugs....ever. 

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

You must be living on the old US Navy base? The guy in the pic looks skinny. Might have got addicted to shabu maybe. We will have to wait and see. Years ago I was hooked on speed in the pill form for about 8 months. After going without sleep for days on end I started hearing people talking that weren't even there. Nasty stuff. Never try it.:bomb_80_anim_gif:

Yes, I live on the base.

So the latest report is saying that the shooting all happened inside the car while it was probably slowly moving.  So the shooter was a passenger in the back seat with the lady and child.  Killed the lady and front passenger, wounded the driver, who bailed out onto the sidewalk.  He laid there, nobody helping him, for quite a while.  Callous place, this is.

So it was the surviving driver that was the partner of the deceased lady, and they owned the Gum Leaves hotel.  The deceased passenger is the owner of the Crazy Horse in Baretto.  I'm guessing a few of you have been there.

The shooter must have premeditated if he was able to get a gun.  Still no motive revealed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, I live on the base.

So the latest report is saying that the shooting all happened inside the car while it was probably slowly moving.  So the shooter was a passenger in the back seat with the lady and child.  Killed the lady and front passenger, wounded the driver, who bailed out onto the sidewalk.  He laid there, nobody helping him, for quite a while.  Callous place, this is.

So it was the surviving driver that was the partner of the deceased lady, and they owned the Gum Leaves hotel.  The deceased passenger is the owner of the Crazy Horse in Baretto.  I'm guessing a few of you have been there.

The shooter must have premeditated if he was able to get a gun.  Still no motive revealed.

Could have something to do with the war that the families were having about taking control of operations on the old base. With any luck..Duterte will end that feud also! :mellow:

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Could have something to do with the war that the families were having about taking control of operations on the old base. With any luck..Duterte will end that feud also! :mellow:

:89: Can you enlighten us all about that theory Kid.

Tragic end of life, so pleased they found the murderer quickly unless he willing gave himself up!

Hope that the innocent child is cared for in all this.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Can you enlighten us all about that theory Kid.

Yes, please do!  That went right over my head!  Maybe 20 years ago there were family feuds on the base, but those were Filipinos.

From what I have deduced, there was a lot CCTV available right away.  That, combined with eye witnesses of the guy running away, allowed them to track him down quickly.

They held another guy for a short time and as soon as they saw the CCTVs, they released him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1