I want ,I want ,I want

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Your going along in life and everything seems to be going fine, yes you may not agree on everything everyday ,but you both get by.

Today I had to drive to London to drop of the auntie and after staying a few hours it was a drive back to Derbyshire so all in all about a 5 hour drive, driving there Ems and her aunt was chatting and the next minute they was both fast asleep, and in the return journey it was just me and Ems and again after doing everything she can on her phone and playing games it was sleep time, she even fell to sleep with the phone in both hands.

Anyway once she had woken up that is when the trouble started, I would like to drive Steve, she stated.

Well you are to lazy to start driving Ems I said, you have had a provisional licence for over 6 years and you was not interested then about driving.

Well all our friends wives drive and there husbands have brought them all cars too.

It seems you have married the wrong person then I said , because there is no way you are having a car or driving lessons.

I do know my Ems by now and she is great , sometimes she needs a little pushing in doing things , maybe lacks a bit of confidence if she has never done anything before , but I am like that too.

Anyway after a few words being thrown from both sides about wanting to drive and not paying fir her to drive I have told her again if she wants it then look for someone who can give you all these things.

I have even offered to advertise her on Facebook sales , but free to good home section.

It really does piss me off when you think you are giving everything but there is something else you forgot about

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Mick
Posted
Posted

Been there done that..... Bought her a car.... She only drives to church on a Sunday within the sub division.... Too scared to go out on the main roads... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I bought SWMBO a 3 year old low kms Wigo (rather than a new car) because I wasn't sure how much she'd end up driving (her papa was a bit concerned about her driving also).

We started slowly with her driving only in the subdivision, then in the quieter times with me or her papa with her, then in somewhat busier times of the day then she started driving by herself on short trips.  Now she takes her mama and/or sister to the market to do the shopping and drives me to the mall.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how much she uses the little car these days (more than we use the big Innova) and her papa has started using it to run us around when SWMBO isn't at home.  We pretty much only use the Innova for long drives or big groups now.

You might be surprised Stevewool (or you might not) :) 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

you think you are giving everything

If you think you are giving everything now, wait until the divorce lawyer gets involved.  Find a way for her to get what she wants.  Happy wife = happy life.  Not saying be a doormat, just find a way for her to get it  . . like pay for lessons out of her share of the family budget.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

Its a fine line Steve, my experience is a firm hand has better long term results. So long fair, woman the world over tend to admire a strong man in preference to a door mat. Think this is more prominent here.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, RBM said:

admire a strong man in preference to a door mat.

:whistling: Of Course you guys. there are Doormats and Doormats EH? :wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Just remember to duck and dodge when the s*** hits the fan when she grows tired of the firm hand!!!:hystery:

And hopefully you have a garage or doghouse to sleep in too...:whistling:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

there are Doormats and Doormats EH

door mat.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3