Film Photography

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, the advanced software like Photoshop are complicated, and they cost a lot.  So far I get by with the simple photo editors but I have been tempted to buy Photoshop.  I think that is still considered the state of the art by pros.

Coincidence, today I was talking to the guy whose team did our wedding video and photography.  His daughter goes to pre-school with my young daugthers.  He no longer does actual weddings but has a new business of wedding editing only, and his photographer clients are in the U.S.  Basically outsourcing of the editing.  They e-mail him the photos and videos, and he does the final packages.  He must be doing well because he can afford to send his daughter to our private school. 

I have had and used Photoshop for many years. It took me most of a year to really get the hang of it and I still can't do maybe 50% of the possible things it is capable of doing. I first used it at a print shop I managed and had to learn on the fly. I used it mostly to massage poorly taken photos supplied by customers for weddings, funerals, birthdays, etc. Imagine fixing black and white photos taken at night with a flash, of dark complexioned people with sweaty faces? There were times when I had to doctor up some of them pixel by pixel. I enjoyed it and still do, but it can be tedious. And just when I was feeling good about it, they released a new version with yet more features so it was almost like starting over. I don't recommend it unless you are seriously into digital.

As Viking and several others have said, there are lots of simpler editors out there that will easily do fairly high quality work. I use the ones that come with the camera or even cell phone when I am tired or just too lazy to mess around. There's nothing wrong with many of the free software programs available online.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

I had a similar experience once at Alona beach. I was walking along the beach in only my swimwear and met a  Philippine couple who also had a morning-walk. The lady was EXTREMLY attractive and to my surprise she asked if it was okey if her boyfriend could snap some pics of her and me? I said nope, just kidding :tongue:. I accepted and a few seconds later her arms were around my neck and she was posing like a pro model, me not soo much, lol. When it was finished a few minutes later they say maraming maraming salamat po and we continued our walks.

Funny??? part of this story is when I met them again a couple of days later. They were so happy for the pics they got the last time so they asked if they could get some more? Sure, why not I replied. Problem was that now it was the attractive woman that took the pictures and I got her boyfriends arm around my neck, not what I was hoping for :hystery:  

OK, the logical question is, which one gave you a happy ending?  :shock_40_anim_gif::hystery:

• Haha 3

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

OK, the logical question is, which one gave you a happy ending?  :shock_40_anim_gif::hystery:

None of them, but I if I was single I would not complain if I got one from that lady :thumbsup:

• Like 1