Small world Filipinos overseas your wife meets?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Has your wife while living in your home country ever met a Filipina or Filipino close friend or Neighbor?

Our local DMV has a Filipina worker who my wife Ann always deals with renewing our car tabs. Today was slow so they had time to talk. Found out she and her husband bought a home in the small development my folks live in three or four houses down. It's a small world. Over the years there have been other chance meetings as well. I think all Filipinos know each other somehow.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I think it is called "Filipina gravity".  :mocking:

• Haha 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

I still can't figure out how she can identify other Filipina's on sight....

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Has your wife while living in your home country ever met a Filipina or Filipino close friend or Neighbor?

Our local DMV has a Filipina worker who my wife Ann always deals with renewing our car tabs. Today was slow so they had time to talk. Found out she and her husband bought a home in the small development my folks live in three or four houses down. It's a small world. Over the years there have been other chance meetings as well. I think all Filipinos know each other somehow.

Not quite sure of your context, but San Francisco and Los Angeles have big areas where Filipinos seem to congregate.  Daly City in the Bay area is one.

When I worked at LAX, 50+% of our work force was Filipino, so I went to a lot of Filipino partys, etc.  When I lived in the Bay area, my best buddy skiing and SCUBA was a Filipino guy.

However, I was not married to one at the time!

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

I still can't figure out how she can identify other Filipina's on sight....

Maybe because they look like Filipinas? :hystery:

• Haha 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

In the UK there are many Filipinos my Filipina wife worked as a Hospital Receptionist from 2002=2011 and we met many Filipinas ,they are Nurses, Doctors and Radiologists , I  was even introduced to a British guy who wanted advice on marrying a Filipina woman ! My wife introduced many Filipinas to her favourite weekend thing Bootfairs ! 

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Old55 said:

We live in close proximity to the Local Hospital.

Because they employ a fair number of Filipino nurses, we have found that there is always somebody who knows somebody that lives as close neighbours back home! You can bet that within 24 hours exchanges are made between friends or neighbours via FB.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Maybe because they look like Filipinas? :hystery:

My wife has been unsure even caught out on occasions. Looks can often deceive.

• Like 3

davewe
Posted
Posted

I had a barista at the local Starbucks for a couple years before my wife came to the US and we married. We always talked (at least the pleasantries). Finally one day I looked at her and realised she was Filipina. I told her I was going to the Philippines to meet a girl, who I might possibly marry. Turns out the barista was not only from the same town in Leyte where Janet was working and going to school, she went to the same college. Small small world. When Janet arrived they immediately became best buddies.

• Like 5

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Back in my sub-arctic city a few years ago I was meeting with a handful of local guys married to Filipinas at one of our reg. weekly get-togethers for coffee.

Accompanying one of the wives was a Pinay I had never met. We asked her where she was from.  

"Puerto Galera." was her reply.

"I lived there back in 2005 in a rented house near the market for a while."  I told her.

"Rented from a long time teacher, whose husband worked at a local bank. Nice people with one son, in the early twenties."  I told her their names.

"I know them and their son. She was one of my grade school teachers." she laughingly told me.

Small world, indeed !

• Like 3
  • Love it 1