China Mobile network tower

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

And then what about Tin Tin, Geoff? Will he receive too much radiation if the cell phone is in your pocket next to him?

Tin Tin is shooting blanks since I saw Dr Snip Snip some years back... so not a problem :whistling:

More seriously... there is some evidence of persistent changes to brain electrical function with extended exposure to low levels of non-ionizing RF in some recent studies.  There's no evidence that it's permanent, or that it's harmful (yet) but avoiding long term near field exposure near the brain just means using speaker phone or ear pods and is something that some people might want to do.  

Me... I'm exposed to much higher RF levels than that on a semi-regular basis and I'm comfortable with that (given RF exposure standards in common use).

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, DirkSquirrel said:

I'm wondering whether we could throw a couple of free unlimited data accounts into the deal,

They will take your data in unlimited amounts, especially if you are near a military base! :dance:

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I doubt that better wireless service would result from living extremely close to a tower, as opposed to being a moderate distance away. It would still depend on how many customers are using the system.

• 1 month later...
Jake
Posted
Posted
On 11/28/2019 at 8:02 PM, GeoffH said:

More seriously... there is some evidence of persistent changes to brain electrical function with extended exposure to low levels of non-ionizing RF in some recent studies.  

Me... I'm exposed to much higher RF levels than that on a semi-regular basis and I'm comfortable with that (given RF exposure standards in common use).

Well Geoff, I guess I'm comfortable with my balls glowing orange in the dark too.  Throughout my 21 years in the USN, I've been exposed to the constant 400hz, high power radars and other transmitters typical found onboard warships.  Yep, got bit a few times too.....he, he.  

I believe the submarine nuke engineers (like Earthdome) have their balls glowing blue?  

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jake said:

I believe the submarine nuke engineers (like Earthdome) have their balls glowing blue?  

Must be the Cherenkov radiation... that's blue :whistling:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 1/25/2020 at 10:34 AM, Jake said:

Well Geoff, I guess I'm comfortable with my balls glowing orange in the dark too.  Throughout my 21 years in the USN, I've been exposed to the constant 400hz, high power radars and other transmitters typical found onboard warships.  Yep, got bit a few times too.....he, he.  

Not only that. Got quite a blue nose on one north atlantic deployment.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 1/26/2020 at 4:19 AM, GeoffH said:

Must be the Cherenkov radiation... that's blue :whistling:

I'd have thought Red, being Russian.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/28/2019 at 9:43 PM, DirkSquirrel said:

Does anyone know about China Mobile offering cash upfront and a monthly rental fee to use land for mobile network towers? If so, any ideas how much there are paying? I've been quoted 1.5 million up front then 20k a month rental for a 500 square metre section. 

Anyone have any idea whether that's high or low or what?

L was just approached yesterday by a rep from the DITO (formerly MISLATEL) system wanting to put a tower on her apartment building.

He e-mailed her a boiler-plate contract for her perusal and here are the salient points:

There would be a contract for 10 years, renewable for another 10 and so on.

Payment would be P24,500/month, payable quarterly. No "free" service included, and no down payment. After 4 years, the contract amount would increase 4.5% annually.

Right of way would have to be guaranteed for a 4 meter wide access for trucks and personnel.

Access must be available 24/7.

The footprint on the roof would be 25 square meters. That's a small area to support even the relatively small tower.

They could commence construction after contract signing and pending permit approvals.

They could install wires and other equipment as necessary from existing utilities.

Personally, I am not trusting of the deal. And she isn't either. We are not xenophobes, but we are also not trusting of Chinese business deals.

Plus, the tower, although relatively low profile, would still be an ugly thing on the roof.

We are not sure the roof would take the stresses from weight and wind storms.

Even then, the building is located in a residential zone, not commercial or industrial. After researching online, the company is having issues with permitting. Chinese companies are also about to be de-listed on USA stock exchanges and may also be in Philippines. This adds uncertainty to their future commercial viability.

DITO Phone photo..jpeg

This is not her building, but a tower already installed somewhere else.

She will wish them luck with another location...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

We are not sure the roof would take the stresses from weight and wind storms.

If the tower falls in a typhoon who repair the damage to the building and surrounding buildings. The reason i would ask is that in 2013 we has a direct hit and several tower exactly like that ended up falling over and looked like pretzels. 

would still be an ugly thing on the roof.

how many times a day do we look at our roofs, besides it would be a useful landmark when trying to tell the Grab guy where to deliver the pizza :hystery:

P24,500/month,

cash is cash, if your really concerned has she talked to others in the areas with towers? Me? if the contract looked good i would take the money and run. 

This adds uncertainty to their future commercial viability.

If, down the line, everything falls through, you could dismantle it and sell it for scrap,,,,,,,,,,win win :nudie:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I stopped reading after the 24,500php  - my only question is where do I sign! :smile:

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1