Your body clock

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Wow it’s stupid o clock and it’s dark and I feel wide awake, yet last night my body was telling me it’s tired, a few late nights and meal times thrown into the air plus does the Philippines ever slow down even at this hour in the early mornings, one thing for sure is I am waking up before the cockerels , any tips anyone .

• Hmm thinking 1

Viking
Posted
Posted (edited)

Adjusting to their time will take some Days, they say you can adjust 1 hour a day and to my experience it seems right. It usually take a week for me before I am comfortable. I use to try adjusting a couple of hours, the week before my departure, that way it´s not that hard when I arrive :thumbsup:

And the answer is no, Philippines never slow down, lol.

Is this your first time in Philippines Steve? 

Edited by Viking
spelling
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

I find what Viking said to be true in my case. In addition 5mg Melatonin to reset your body clock. Going to bed and waking up at about the same time for the first week is helpful as well. First three or four days are a bit rough.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Been here 9 weeks now and going to bed at 8.30 and awake again at 1.30am. Oh for a good nights sleep.

• Haha 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

A few large jack n cokes does it for me 

• Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Wow it’s stupid o clock and it’s dark and I feel wide awake, yet last night my body was telling me it’s tired, a few late nights and meal times thrown into the air plus does the Philippines ever slow down even at this hour in the early mornings, one thing for sure is I am waking up before the cockerels , any tips anyone .

Red horse. :shooter:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Viking said:

Adjusting to their time will take some Days, they say you can adjust 1 hour a day and to my experience it seems right. It usually take a week for me before I am comfortable. I use to try adjusting a couple of hours, the week before my departure, that way it´s not that hard when I arrive :thumbsup:

And the answer is no, Philippines never slow down, lol.

Is this your first time in Philippines Steve? 

It’s my fourth time over a ten year period, my last visit was 4 years ago , I know it was chaotic then but you forget these about these things, but it’s ok 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

Been here 9 weeks now and going to bed at 8.30 and awake again at 1.30am. Oh for a good nights sleep.

And here is me thinking I was alone .:thumbsup:

graham59
Posted
Posted

It will take about a week to adjust from jetlag and the different time zone Steve. 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, graham59 said:

It will take about a week to adjust from jetlag and the different time zone Steve. 

Cheers graham, a couple of very late nights early mornings did not help , the only good thing about those was a beautiful sunrise .