Jump to content
stevewool

Your body clock

Recommended Posts

Wow it’s stupid o clock and it’s dark and I feel wide awake, yet last night my body was telling me it’s tired, a few late nights and meal times thrown into the air plus does the Philippines ever slow down even at this hour in the early mornings, one thing for sure is I am waking up before the cockerels , any tips anyone .

  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adjusting to their time will take some Days, they say you can adjust 1 hour a day and to my experience it seems right. It usually take a week for me before I am comfortable. I use to try adjusting a couple of hours, the week before my departure, that way it´s not that hard when I arrive :thumbsup:

And the answer is no, Philippines never slow down, lol.

Is this your first time in Philippines Steve? 

Edited by Viking
spelling
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find what Viking said to be true in my case. In addition 5mg Melatonin to reset your body clock. Going to bed and waking up at about the same time for the first week is helpful as well. First three or four days are a bit rough.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been here 9 weeks now and going to bed at 8.30 and awake again at 1.30am. Oh for a good nights sleep.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few large jack n cokes does it for me 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Wow it’s stupid o clock and it’s dark and I feel wide awake, yet last night my body was telling me it’s tired, a few late nights and meal times thrown into the air plus does the Philippines ever slow down even at this hour in the early mornings, one thing for sure is I am waking up before the cockerels , any tips anyone .

Red horse. :shooter:

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Viking said:

Adjusting to their time will take some Days, they say you can adjust 1 hour a day and to my experience it seems right. It usually take a week for me before I am comfortable. I use to try adjusting a couple of hours, the week before my departure, that way it´s not that hard when I arrive :thumbsup:

And the answer is no, Philippines never slow down, lol.

Is this your first time in Philippines Steve? 

It’s my fourth time over a ten year period, my last visit was 4 years ago , I know it was chaotic then but you forget these about these things, but it’s ok 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

Been here 9 weeks now and going to bed at 8.30 and awake again at 1.30am. Oh for a good nights sleep.

And here is me thinking I was alone .:thumbsup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will take about a week to adjust from jetlag and the different time zone Steve. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, graham59 said:

It will take about a week to adjust from jetlag and the different time zone Steve. 

 

Cheers graham, a couple of very late nights early mornings did not help , the only good thing about those was a beautiful sunrise .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...