mm or inches on bolts and nuts?

Viking
Posted
Posted

What is the most common measurements on bolts and nuts in Philippines?

Trying to make up my mind if its any use to bring my socket wrenches and spanners, they are in mm :89:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Not sure on this, just make sure you bring a adjustable wrench, after only a few days of being here I can see what I do need to sent over here the next time in the balikbayan box, a good yard brush head , a few hand brushes , paint brushes and rollers, wire brushes, which maybe are good quality where you are but are cheap looking and basic, just my thoughts maybe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I would bring them.  The majority of the vehicles here are foreign makes and will have metric bolts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Viking said:

What is the most common measurements on bolts and nuts in Philippines?

Trying to make up my mind if its any use to bring my socket wrenches and spanners, they are in mm :89:

Chances are they are freely intermixed, mm bolt and inch nuts, and vica versa.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Left or right handed.

Bring one of each just to be safe. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

davewe
Posted
Posted

Bring metric tools if they are of quality. I say this as an American who almost exclusively had Imperial tools. I do guitar work and had to buy several metric sets right away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Being an old person with old tools,  especially from my car 'fiddling' days, I was able to bring plenty of both, and have found uses for them.

Good tools are not cheap here either, and I can find no better way of filling all those corners and crannies in a Balikbayan box... which is measured only by size of course, not by weight.  Wish I'd brought/sent more tools actually. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Pack them in your toolbox too, because they're also expensive here...if of reasonable quality ! 

Dammit, I do wish I'd sent all my garden tools, plus lawn mower , etc,  over.   :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 5