Taking pictures

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Many might know I like to take pictures of what ever takes my fancy, back in England I would take my camera everywhere and just click away and think nothing of it , ok there are times when you know it’s wrong to take picture so you don’t .

Now I am here in the Philippines and again I like to take my camera along to take pictures but it feels different here, people look at you strangely, I do not take pictures of anyone with out there permission unless they are travelling in a vehicle or passing by while in my shot.

Maybe it’s because I am in the city streets taking pictures rather then a beach , but there is a lot more going on here, anyway I will just have to get use to people watching me watching them.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Taking pictures of people unawares is not liked, they call it stolen shots. They are very superstitious about such things and can become quite upset.

• Like 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

Especially if accompanied by someone else's partner at the time. :biggrin:

• Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Taking pictures of people unawares is not liked, they call it stolen shots. They are very superstitious about such things and can become quite upset.

That is why I always ask.

• Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted

My wife was born and raised in the Philippines and she loves to take "stolen shots." She's very superstitious in so many other ways, but not when it comes to being on either end of "stolen shots."

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I am not superstitious. However, I do not like to have my picture taken without my permission. No reason, nothing to hide, just do not like it. Everything and anything appears on the (to me) hated FaceBook.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

I am not superstitious. However, I do not like to have my picture taken without my permission. No reason, nothing to hide, just do not like it. Everything and anything appears on the (to me) hated FaceBook.

I also hate my picture being taken when someone says smile, I can’t smile , I look miserable and I’m not the most handsome bloke around in my eyes , but when I don’t know it’s been taken I don’t mind one bit

I was once mistaken for Brad Pitts brother yes I said Cess Pitt 

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

I was once mistaken for Brad Pitts brother yes I said Cess Pitt 

Yeah... understood... If I squint in a photo I am referred to as a peeping Tom! Hate that...:laugh:

• Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... understood... If I squint in a photo I am referred to as a peeping Tom! Hate that...:laugh:

That name is going to stick now:hystery:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

That name is going to stick now:hystery:

Nooooo... Take it back! (or else at least let me live up to that?:hystery:)

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1