Taking pictures

Freebie
Posted
Posted

If I see someone I dont know  with a phone that looks like its facing in my direction I will gladly put my hand in front of my face.. ... we have the right to privacy. Nothing to do with superstitions but all to do with basic human dignity. You want a pic you ask ....old school courtesy.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

I've kind of gotten used to being mistaken for a 'Back to the Future' character now. :laugh:

michael-j-fox-jimmy-kimmel-christopher-lloyd-lg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I must be too ugly..nobody tries to take a stolen pic of me!  :sad:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Probably not looking at you strangely.  Maybe wondering how much they'll get for your camera. :whistling:

• Haha 5

Jack D
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, hk blues said:

nobody tries to take a stolen pic of me!  

Í wouldn't bet on that, since CCTV cameras are just about everywhere and many countries, such as the USA, have drones in our skies that can constantly take pictures and videos of everyone.

-snip-

In March 2016, the Pentagon released the results of an investigation initiated by the Department of Defense’s Office of Inspector General to examine military spy drones in the United States. The report, marked “For Official Use Only” and partially redacted, revealed that the Pentagon used unarmed surveillance drones over American soil on fewer than 20 occasions between 2006 and 2015. (Although the report doesn’t identify the nature of the missions, another Pentagon document lists 11 domestic drone operations that principally involved natural disasters, search and rescue, and National Guard training.)

The investigation also quoted from an Air Force law review article pointing out the growing concern that technology designed to spy on enemies abroad may soon be turned around to spy on citizens at home. “As the nation winds down these wars … assets become available to support other combatant command (COCOM) or U.S. agencies, the appetite to use them in the domestic environment to collect airborne imagery continues to grow.”

-snip-

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/20/the-multibillion-dollar-u-s-spy-agency-you-havent-heard-of-President/

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Jack D said:

Í wouldn't bet on that, since CCTV cameras are just about everywhere and many countries, such as the USA, have drones in our skies that can constantly take pictures and videos of everyone.

-snip-

In March 2016, the Pentagon released the results of an investigation initiated by the Department of Defense’s Office of Inspector General to examine military spy drones in the United States. The report, marked “For Official Use Only” and partially redacted, revealed that the Pentagon used unarmed surveillance drones over American soil on fewer than 20 occasions between 2006 and 2015. (Although the report doesn’t identify the nature of the missions, another Pentagon document lists 11 domestic drone operations that principally involved natural disasters, search and rescue, and National Guard training.)

The investigation also quoted from an Air Force law review article pointing out the growing concern that technology designed to spy on enemies abroad may soon be turned around to spy on citizens at home. “As the nation winds down these wars … assets become available to support other combatant command (COCOM) or U.S. agencies, the appetite to use them in the domestic environment to collect airborne imagery continues to grow.”

-snip-

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/20/the-multibillion-dollar-u-s-spy-agency-you-havent-heard-of-President/

Oh good...I don't feel so bad now! 

• Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Oh good...I don't feel so bad now! 

The quality from some of these cameras are amazing especially for the solar system, while here on earth I would not worry to much about cctv, 

CCCE5A5F-FA44-4922-B7D1-5EAC8AAA6B40.jpeg

Jack D
Posted
GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack D said:

On the contrary, the quality of "stolen pics" taken on earth with CCTV are very clear, such as this one:

And don't underestimate the quality of "stolen pics" taken on earth with drones, such as this one:

Honestly Jack D the quality of both the CCTV and the Drone picture you're posted is poor at best.

The Drone picture in particular suffers from huge amounts of compression artifacts (the distortion around the person).

Jack D
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Honestly Jack D the quality of both the CCTV and the Drone picture you're posted is poor at best.

The Drone picture in particular suffers from huge amounts of compression artifacts (the distortion around the person).

Thanks GeoffH for pointing this out to me. 

It looks like my eye doctor is correct about how I need to have cataract surgery ASAP. :sad:

• Like 2