Thugs and little sh-ts

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Last night or early this morning the sister in laws car was vandalised, someone’s gone all around the car with a sharpe instrument and scratched every panel , now everyone’s up in arms but I am not sure if they are talking or shouting then the laughing gets thrown in too, as all this noise was happening this morning and everyone is looking around the car I came out to see and was told ‘Steve’ go back in the house and put a top on its wrong to be seen out with out a top, what the hell is that about.

Anyway I came out again and the neighbours was out and pictures taken , who would do such a thing . Is someone jealous a white man lives at this house has me wondering .

• I'm Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, stevewool said:

go back in the house and put a top on

I was told only laborers and low klass folks don't wear shirts outside.....another cultural difference lol

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, scott h said:

I was told only laborers and low klass folks don't wear shirts outside.....another cultural difference lol

So what class are the folk who wear the teeshirts like a boob tube where you see everywhere.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Mick said:

They will see all the work going on to the house, and jealousy kicks in, unfortunately some are like that here, and of course, they will see you as the financial person paying, and that too will piss some people off, only way they can hurt you is acts of vandalism that cost you money to put right

There is more to this story , apparently they went out last night quite late to the river lights and then after a few hours they came back, then this morning noticed the marks , so did it happen there I asked, NO was the answer , who knows.

I don’t like it when you see groups of youths sitting on the street just playing on there phones and talking but they are right outside your house, but again they maybe have sat here for years doing nothing wrong, but who knows 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

I don’t like it when you see groups of youths sitting on the street just playing on there phones and talking but they are right outside your house, but again they maybe have sat here for years doing nothing wrong, but who knows 

We see this all the time in our neighbourhood and nothing bad seems to happen - no vandalism, no graffiti... They just sit on a curb or wherever and are totally immersed in their phones... I guess that's better than roaming the streets causing whatever mayhem some youth do?

• Like 4

Mick
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

We see this all the time in our neighbourhood and nothing bad seems to happen - no vandalism, no graffiti... They just sit on a curb or wherever and are totally immersed in their phones... I guess that's better than roaming the streets causing whatever mayhem some youth do?

We don't get a lot of groups here, don't really see them, and it's quite, only real issue for me is, you know when someone is walking down the street, as each house dog starts barking, so you can tell which way they are walking, and when they have passed, and as I mentioned before, there is a curfew in this village, no one under 18 allowed in the streets after 10pm, unless they are with a parent. 

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well Steve, you certainly are experiencing all manner of life in the short stay so far;

The world is changing in more ways than one for sure, "It's more fun in the Philippines" or is it?

Just reading your recent experiences doesn't paint a bright picture for me.

Yes, I once planned to retire there and purchased a piece of land in Opol not far from Gagayan D Oro.

Family issues persuaded me to not go ahead with the build.

The old saying "if I only knew then what I know now" comes to mind, a lot of advice been coming your way buddy

We are never to old to learn. :thumbsup:

Edited by Kuya John
spelling correction
  • Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Mick said:

We don't get a lot of groups here, don't really see them, and it's quite, only real issue for me is, you know when someone is walking down the street, as each house dog starts barking, so you can tell which way they are walking, and when they have passed, and as I mentioned before, there is a curfew in this village, no one under 18 allowed in the streets after 10pm, unless they are with a parent. 

Just a pity they don't have a 'curfew' on f-ing dogs too... perhaps muzzle the annoying, and totally useless mutts after 10 pm ? :angry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

That's why I live in a subdivision now. 95% of the slummy people (as my wife would call them) are really friendly but 5% is still a lot of people to cause shit. If I end up building a house in the province I'll be building a very big wall:biggrin:.

• Like 3