Eating food on the internet

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Sorry Steve... that comment was not meant to be degrading to you. You really do offer a lot of fun and interesting tales of your adventures that have nothing to do with any problems you may be experiencing. I apologize if you took it that way, buddy.

L loves to watch Tagalog "dramas" or the Kardashians... I actually do watch some of the food shows and take notes for some things that I believe I can create for our future cafe or just to enjoy... But I am so tired of the formula "reality" TV...

Don’t need to apologise you said nothing wrong at all, and I am happy if I can give someone a smile and also a tut sometimes .

• Thanks 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The mukbang (pronounced "mook-bong")videos started in Korea. I never understood the appeal but they seem to be popular.

• Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

I don’t mean to be , but it’s real life problems and that’s entertaining to a few.:shock_40_anim_gif:

:89: My thoughts when I read your posts Steve are......... been there wore the T-shirt,

Your popularity Steve shows that people can relate to your everyday comments,

I would rather read your threads than watch the muck on TV...........:thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Kuya John said:

I think this sort of thing started off in the USA.....personally I find it disgusting, sad world we live in these days.

Poverty on the one hand and gluttony on the other, used for so called intertainment. Sorry folks, just how I feel about it.

Pretty sure it started in Korea, but I don't have proof.  They seem to have been pioneers of the whole posting pictures of food craze, which really took off in China.  5 years ago when I would visit there on business, just couldn't believe the amount of selfies and food pics people would post.  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, stevewool said:

Is it only my wife who watches these shows on the internet where people just sit at a table full of food and eating everything they can , it seems she cannot get enough of these programs , the noise these people make slurping and smacking there lips drives me nuts , not sure if they are Korean,Japanese and now I have seen Filipinos doing the same thing.  

I was directed to one which was a guy eating everything off the Wotherspoon (UK pub chain) menu.  Just cannot see how anyone would do this, less still watch someone doing it.  

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Kuya John said:

I think this sort of thing started off in the USA.....personally I find it disgusting, sad world we live in these days.

Poverty on the one hand and gluttony on the other, used for so called intertainment. Sorry folks, just how I feel about it.

21 hours ago, stevewool said:

Ems just told me that these folk on these eating internet shows get 100 dollars per 10,000 views

I thought that you and her were getting an annulment. What changed?:56da64a413b01_3_12_311:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Gordon Ramsey started this bull crap. Blame it on him.:shock_40_anim_gif:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Has anyone truly decided to change the way they cook by watching these programs? The food looks good yes. Would I go through the trouble to cook it like they do? HELL NO. Just something to watch. I'd rather have Spam Tapsi!

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

I thought that you and her were getting an annulment. What changed?:56da64a413b01_3_12_311:

Sorry I misunderstood what you said, I thought you was getting one 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: No Internet then but on TV in the late 50's and early 60's + we had our UK TV Cooks, One couple in Particular was Fanny Cradock and her Husband John, Household names then for Recipes.Fanny cradock.jpg anyone Remember them. Gordon Ramsay was a Football apprentice then I would guess :wink:

• Like 2