Posted
Posted

I'm thinking I'll get her a puppy in the uk 

Tooooo much hassle 

• Like 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I've in recent weeks managed to persuade her to sell her two horses and find homes for the cats that she boards , the 6 snakes are one cat are still residing with her ,so I'll probably end up buying a puppy in the UK. My daughter loves animals sometimes to the point where she cannot afford them ,( yes daddy ends up paying )

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I've in recent weeks managed to persuade her to sell her two horses and find homes for the cats that she boards , the 6 snakes are one cat are still residing with her ,so I'll probably end up buying a puppy in the UK. My daughter loves animals sometimes to the point where she cannot afford them ,( yes daddy ends up paying )

Just make sure it's a small breed as something like a lab can eat you out of house and home.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gary D said:

Just make sure it's a small breed as something like a lab can eat you out of house and home.

I had a lab cross for 14 years ,he would eat anything , he once ate a 25kilo sack of dog food , then went for a drink of water after we chased him out of the cupboard , after the drink he started to blow up , I thought he was going to go bang , he then threw up an almighty mess  , and then he ate his own puke 

I loved that dog , he was a big cuddly bear ,soft as his own puke , until he thought you were threatening my daughters,  they used to have pyjama parties in the horse box with Charlie as the guard , they were very safe

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I had a lab cross for 14 years ,he would eat anything , he once ate a 25kilo sack of dog food , then went for a drink of water after we chased him out of the cupboard , after the drink he started to blow up , I thought he was going to go bang , he then threw up an almighty mess  , and then he ate his own puke 

Dogs can be pretty disgusting at times - always lovable... but poor table manners, usually... Are you certain it was 25 kg? That's huge!!!

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Dogs can be pretty disgusting at times - always lovable... but poor table manners, usually... Are you certain it was 25 kg? That's huge!!!

It was a 25kg sack mostly full of dried dog food , he was a big dog , he weighed at around 160 pounds 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

It was a 25kg sack mostly full of dried dog food , he was a big dog , he weighed at around 160 pounds 

That is quite large for a Lab. Yeah, I reckoned it was dry food... but 25 kg at one go???!!! I believe you, but I am amazed!

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Dogs can be pretty disgusting at times - always lovable... but poor table manners, usually...

Maybe you would have a different opinion of them if you didn't set a plate for them at the table!:laugh: 

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I loved that dog , he was a big cuddly bear ,soft as his own puke , until he thought you were threatening my daughters,  they used to have pyjama parties in the horse box with Charlie as the guard , they were very safe

I believe that. One of my 5 dogs will never stop eating if I put food in front of her. She's getting fat so I'm going to tone it down a bit.:Happy:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Maybe you would have a different opinion of them if you didn't set a plate for them at the table!:laugh: 

It's the napkin that my Newfoundland couldn't really deal with. He didn't care if there was a plate - only that there was food. He wasn't too good with the knife and fork either - preferred to just slurp up anything free-form...

The only thing he would not eat was mushrooms - everything else was fair game. He never tasted his food - I am convinced - just swallowed it with little chewing. One time he must have gotten into the compost pile... Hours later he vomited up an entire, INTACT corn cob!...

• Haha 1