Dogs

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

There was a cat in my paddock that sneaked up and killed a rabbit ,Charlie the lab cross spotted it and stole the rabbit, he gulped it down whole ,you could hear the skull being crunched up as he chomped on it 

Charlie was a legend with the young girls at poney club , they were upset when he passed , big lovable rogue, who could have easily broken a mans arm with his bite 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I had a lab cross for 14 years ,he would eat anything , he once ate a 25kilo sack of dog food , then went for a drink of water after we chased him out of the cupboard , after the drink he started to blow up , I thought he was going to go bang , he then threw up an almighty mess  , and then he ate his own puke 

Your post reminded me of an incident from many years back.  I had an 80 gallon aquarium where I kept four large Tiger Oscars.  Each fish was about 6 to 8 inches long.  I would mostly feed them freeze dried tubifex worms and sometimes live guppies as a treat.  The worms came compressed into small cubes about 1/2 across.  They would not let the cube dissolve or get soft, they would gulp it down as soon as it hit the water.  These fish were voracious feeders and I got to wondering just how much they could eat at one go?  So I started dropping in cube after cube and they just kept swallowing them.  Amazing I thought.  Then I noticed the fish were started to "expand"!!!  The freeze dried food was soaking up water while inside the fish.  Strange as it sounds one fish in particular started to have a "panicked" look on his face.  He was flexing his fins in little movements and his eyes were darting back and forth really fast.  He kept getting bigger, bigger, bigger, his mouth started to swell, his cheeks started to puff out, eyes are jittering like popcorn going off, stomach gets bigger, bigger.   Just as think he is going to explode, he vomits a HUGE cloud of tiny worms all over the tank.  His three friends then do the same.   The entire 80 gallon tank was now filled with murky brown disgusting looking water.  The fish were fine, but I didn't try that again and I sure didn't tell my wife what I did. :whistling:  But I did tell my buddies the next day as we were knocking back some cold ones. :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Mike J said:

I had an 80 gallon aquarium where I kept four large Tiger Oscars.

I used to feed my two 10-12 inch Oscars feeder goldfish and I don't think I ever filled them up!  The goldfish were 20 for $1 usually and I think I gave them all 20 a few times!

I bought them as a breeding pair and I think I got the wool pulled over my eyes.  No breeding; just eating!

• Haha 1