Spitting

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Spitting they all do, whether  it’s sitting on there own doorsteps or a street market or while scratching there balls, they just have to spit, then you get the ones who’s just walked out of the door sit down and it then becomes a spitting contest to see how close he can get to his foot, then there are the ones who can’t even be bothered to spit it out it falls out of there mouths on there boob tube , sorry rolled up teeshirt . 
Yes it seems I have to much time on my hands watching these people gob here and there but never in the gutter or road.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Kind of like peeing on the wall, it is a Philippine thing. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted

Maybe spitting can be banned, just like nose picking and selfie-taking (by police) was banned in 2016. :mocking:

Dozens of police officers walk in file in Manila.

Police in the Philippines have been warned not to take selfies or pick their noses while on duty, it's reported.

A memorandum issued by the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) reminds officers not to do anything that might create a negative impression among members of the public, the Philippine Star reports. As well as leaving their noses alone, officers in the capital, Manila, have been told not to play online games, smoke or chew gum during their shifts. The list also specifies that any bodily itches must remain unscratched, and officers should avoid "unseemly posture" such as standing on one leg, the paper says.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

To me spitting is a horrible and disgusting thing to do, yes I do cough and maybe some flem may come into my mouth but them I try to use a tissue or my hanky , but here it seems everyone is spitting .

But I have been told spitting is not allowed here by Ems , you will be finned if caught spitting and it’s not allowed on the highway she says, well highway byway and there way I see and hear most folk spitting, or is the fine just for the foreigner, so is she right 

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I don't find it as bad here compared to Hong Kong - they are World Champions there!  

canadamale
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

To me spitting is a horrible and disgusting thing to do, yes I do cough and maybe some flem may come into my mouth but them I try to use a tissue or my hanky , but here it seems everyone is spitting .

But I have been told spitting is not allowed here by Ems , you will be finned if caught spitting and it’s not allowed on the highway she says, well highway byway and there way I see and hear most folk spitting, or is the fine just for the foreigner, so is she right 

Urinating, defecating, spitting in a public …www.mmda.gov.ph/index.php/20-faq/287-anti-littering-law-10-things-you-should-know, seems there is a law P500.00 8 hours (1 day)
  • Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, stevewool said:

To me spitting is a horrible and disgusting thing to do

Spitting in general is gross but I especially hate to see a woman spit. I guess I'm a geezer.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

Spitting in general is gross but I especially hate to see a woman spit. I guess I'm a geezer.

I've actually seen a woman do the Filipino handkerchief thing in public. Press one of your nostrils closed and blow the snot out of the other. I thought it was kinda funny. I do the same thing in my backyard when nobody is watching.:shades:

• Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

:huh:

1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

I've actually seen a woman do the Filipino handkerchief thing in public. Press one of your nostrils closed and blow the snot out of the other. I thought it was kinda funny. I do the same thing in my backyard when nobody is watching.:shades:

I can only do it when on my bicycle, if I do it not moving it ends up all down me.:huh:

• Haha 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The spitting everywhere bothers me a lot more than the passing water.  At least when they need to urinate they generally go to a fence or wall.  The will spit or blow their nose as they walk (and not look at where they aim).