Trip Report Part 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Similar experience in Singapore when my ship visited in the early 70's Went out with my shipmates to drink and have fun. Somehow I got separated and was out by myself. To this day I have no clue how I got back to my ship.:smile:  

Know that feeling.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
On 1/30/2020 at 5:00 PM, BrettGC said:

On the ride from the airport, what really stuck me is how much things had changed in the 2 years since I’d been in Manila.  I knew that El Presidente had promised to clean up Manila, but so had many of his predecessors.  The thing I noticed most was although still not great, how much better traffic was flowing even in the more built up areas.  Then I noticed a distinct lack of street vendors and cars parked illegally.  Seems the orders issued are being enforced and followed.  Overall, on the ride from Pasay to Makati at least, everything appeared cleaner.  

I apologize Brett for hi-jacking your topic.  Let's get back on track......I totally agree with you.  I hated Manila, especially getting stuck at the many grid locks along the coastal highway from Cavite, where I resided in Cavite City, Noveleta and Rosario.  

From my experience, there are many active political campaigns when roads, communities, parks get a major cleanup or renovation in order to appease their people to vote for them again.  Es mo pun in da Philippines!  Respectfully Jake 

• Like 2