Civil Marriage - The Judge Raffle

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I wonder if we'll have to wear face masks for the ceremony?

If you both wear  vails nobody would notice.:thumbsup:

Edited by Gary D
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I wonder if we'll have to wear face masks for the ceremony?

Uh... Brett... If you are wearing masks when the judge says, "You may now kiss your bride..." Hmmm???:89:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

We were married by the local Mayor, wife did all the paperwork prior to my arrival in the Philippines the Mayor arrived 15 minutes before the ceremony . After which he sat with the rest of us at the reception. No problems at all.

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Congratulations for the forthcoming marriage Brett.....I think you might have to drop the Angry Midget title after the wedding or face the consequences :tiphat:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

We were married by the local Mayor, wife did all the paperwork prior to my arrival in the Philippines the Mayor arrived 15 minutes before the ceremony . After which he sat with the rest of us at the reception. No problems at all.

Unfortunately for us, due to the local city requirements, the things we had problems with (time issues at the PSA aside), I had to be there in person for.  Hopefully we're all done now. 

1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Congratulations for the forthcoming marriage Brett.....I think you might have to drop the Angry Midget title after the wedding or face the consequences :tiphat:

Thanks John :smile:

John, would you believe she actually "owns" the title now, she's proud of it!  Once her and my mother - known as the "Kitchen Tiger" - got their heads together it stuck.  AM's nickname amongst my family is "Midge" which she loves.  

• Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BrettGC said:

John, would you believe she actually "owns" the title now, she's proud of it!  Once her and my mother - known as the "Kitchen Tiger" - got their heads together it stuck.  AM's nickname amongst my family is "Midge" which she loves.  

:crack-up:   Brett, I'd never get away with those sort of nick-names, although I have two nicknames for the wife.....Sore finger ( always on her mobile)......

....and Nod-off-ski, the Russian ballerina ( always falls asleep when travelling ) Good luck for the future :cheersty:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Hopefully that's the end of the saga until the day of the event, but we'll see.  Given the events of the last couple of weeks, I'm not holding my breath. 

Once it's over you will just put the difficulty in the past. Hang in there. Can only get better.

My marriage was smooth years ago except I did not understand all of the repeat after me so just mumbled something.  Don't know how some guy turned up there to take pics in the Judge's chambers and then arrived at our hotel the next day l think it was. :89:

• Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Once it's over you will just put the difficulty in the past. Hang in there. Can only get better.

My marriage was smooth years ago except I did not understand all of the repeat after me so just mumbled something.  Don't know how some guy turned up there to take pics in the Judge's chambers and then arrived at our hotel the next day l think it was. :89:

Thanks for the encouragement mate. 

• Hmm thinking 1