ACR Permanent Resident and Passport renewal

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Dear Fonts of All Knowledge

My ACR (Permanent Resident) will need renewing next year (2021) and my passport (UK) renewing in 2022. I just wondered if you renew your ACR Card and then renew your passport do you need to inform immigration and again get a new ACR card or are they not linked? I don't believe it is possible to renew both at the same time.

Any advice or guidance appreciated. I did have a look in the threads on the site but couldn't find anything exactly relating. Sorry.

Paul

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I don't know Paul. But if it were me and seeing how Phil information is lacking at times or just not followed. I would go ahead and update my passport early (If GB allows it) and just remove all potential problems

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Paul I recently renewed my Aussie passport and the passport number has changed.  I'm not sure if it's the number BI need or whether the same would happen with a UK passport but personally I'd inform BI of the new number if it does indeed change.  

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

When I renewed my passport on tourist extensions they wanted both my old and new passport so they could transfer my initial arrival date onto the new passport. 

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

3 hours ago, scott h said:

I don't know Paul. But if it were me and seeing how Phil information is lacking at times or just not followed. I would go ahead and update my passport early (If GB allows it) and just remove all potential problems

11 hours ago, PaulB said:

Dear Fonts of All Knowledge

My ACR (Permanent Resident) will need renewing next year (2021) and my passport (UK) renewing in 2022. I just wondered if you renew your ACR Card and then renew your passport do you need to inform immigration and again get a new ACR card or are they not linked? I don't believe it is possible to renew both at the same time.

Any advice or guidance appreciated. I did have a look in the threads on the site but couldn't find anything exactly relating. Sorry.

Paul

I tend to agree with what Scott said about getting a new passport early.  In the U.S., you can get a new one anytime.

However, I would first ask BI.  Post a question for advice on their FB page.

The passport # is not on the card but I would bet that it is recorded on the chip.  It might be possible that BI can update info on the chip without replacing the card.  That might influence your decision.  Just a wild guess.

I have to do my annual report this week at Olongapo BI.  There is one guy there who is very knowledgeable and it he is in, I will ask.

• Like 1

gabgab
Posted
Posted

Had the same as Snowy79. Arrive with both passports to renew your ACR and they should do the rest.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, jimdones said:

Had the same as Snowy79. Arrive with both passports to renew your ACR and they should do the rest.

And same for me when I was on a tourist visa.

However, this does not fit well with his scenario.  13a visa with a 5 year ACR permanant resident card which expires 1 year before his passport expires.  When he goes to renew his ACR, he will not have a new passport, unless he chooses to renew his passport about 2 years early.  Probably nothing wrong with that except the extra cost.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'm in the same situation but didn't consider getting my passport early - I made the decision to get the new ACR (well, no choice) and then renew my passport as normal and then see what BI need me to do regarding the ACR. At worst, I'll need to renew the ACR again but it's a 5-minute job to complete the form and then pay the fee. My guess is the ACR is not linked as this would mean most people would have to renew their ACR more than once every 5 years but this is the Philippines!

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I tend to agree with what Scott said about getting a new passport early.  In the U.S., you can get a new one anytime.

However, I would first ask BI.  Post a question for advice on their FB page.

The passport # is not on the card but I would bet that it is recorded on the chip.  It might be possible that BI can update info on the chip without replacing the card.  That might influence your decision.  Just a wild guess.

I have to do my annual report this week at Olongapo BI.  There is one guy there who is very knowledgeable and it he is in, I will ask.

Slip a guy a little grease money and you can get whatever you want.:thumbsup:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Slip a guy a little grease money and you can get whatever you want.:thumbsup:

Not sure why you quoted me for your remark.

Actually, I have always thought the Olongapo BI was always on the up and up.  Straight shooters and no BS.  No fixers, that is for sure.

• Like 1