Question about visa approval timeline after 221(g)

PPGfreak
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The OP has not been back since Feb 21 so something would have happened by now one would think but then again with the current circumstances, who knows.

Agree with you there. They shut down in March so more than likely she did not receive it in time. Unfortunately when it shows up flying will also be an obstacle.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, PPGfreak said:

Agree with you there. They shut down in March so more than likely she did not receive it in time. Unfortunately when it shows up flying will also be an obstacle.

As I recall we had 6 months from the time the CR-1 visa was issued for her to immigrate to the US.

graham59
Posted
Posted

One would also hope that the authorities will take into account the present circumstances, and permit the appropriate extra 'leeway'.  

PPGfreak
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, earthdome said:

As I recall we had 6 months from the time the CR-1 visa was issued for her to immigrate to the US.

Good catch. You’re 100% correct. It’s been a while since my wife got hers so I was thinking 90 days but that applies when she gets here. The fiancé has six months to leave the Philippines and enter the US.