Back in England

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

Plus have you any scratching too, or don’t they have that in New Zealand 

I haven't seen a fish and chippie in Aussie serve that since I was a kid... not sure if they do it in UnZud but haven't seen it.

We don't get mushy peas as a side here... mostly just a cut lemon and some limp lettuce.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

What time is it , what day is it and where am I , after being away so long and not having to live by the clock and trying to sleep, my body clock is all over the place.

To tell the truth I wish I was back over in the Philippines, Emma has done nothing but Moan Moan Moan since stepping into the house and is on repeat saying the same thing ‘ PUT THE HEATING ON ‘.

D0164AAC-290D-4E8A-9D5D-B1D408CD5514.jpeg 

I don't envy your situation. But if that what makes you happy..go for it.:wave:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Takes time Steve how ever for sure it will come back to normal soon. 

Strange how its often the case where we tend to remember the good times more after arriving back home.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

If it feels like you're back home then you're in the right place. Home really is where the heart is Steve. If a cuppa Tetley and a chocolate hob nob brings more of a smile to your face than a San Mig light and a packet of Lays then good on you mate,

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

as they like to tell me of there future plans but I can assure everyone not one penny is going over there to pay for these

I would have thought you would have figured it out from your visit.  They like to tell you their plans as a "please finane me" proposal.  As soon as you stop sending all money for a year or more then you will never hear from them again.  It is great that you figured out the Philippines is not the place for your to live on a permanent basis.  The rest of us had that figured out from about the time you first started posting here, but we know each man has to figure that out for himself. :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Love it 2
  • Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I would have thought you would have figured it out from your visit.  They like to tell you their plans as a "please finane me" proposal.  As soon as you stop sending all money for a year or more then you will never hear from them again.  It is great that you figured out the Philippines is not the place for your to live on a permanent basis.  The rest of us had that figured out from about the time you first started posting here, but we know each man has to figure that out for himself. :hystery:

Yes each to their own.

In spite of many challenges I have faced over the years of living here (mostly) its still my place of choice.

its just the pair of shoes saying.....

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Since being back in England  I have got back into keeping fit , and having weighed myself I have lost just over 2 stone while being in the Philippines but that could be down to not eating chocolate, biscuits and other goodies that was just to much money to buy while over there, so I am going to try to keep the weight off .

Also how nice it is just to turn the cold tap on and being able to drink cold water straight from there , simple things that I have taken for granted over the years .

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, stevewool said:

Since being back in England  I have got back into keeping fit , and having weighed myself I have lost just over 2 stone while being in the Philippines but that could be down to not eating chocolate, biscuits and other goodies that was just to much money to buy while over there, so I am going to try to keep the weight off .

Also how nice it is just to turn the cold tap on and being able to drink cold water straight from there , simple things that I have taken for granted over the years .

What is stone

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, RBM said:

What is stone

Even though this weight measure is still used for body weight measurement in the UK, Ireland..... and I thought Australia,  you never hear it in the US unless you inadvertently  come across it.  

1 stone = 14 pounds = 6.35 Kg.

That's a pretty amazing weight loss, Steve. Hope you've a bit more spring in your step now since you've lightened the load on your frame. Good health to you.

Edited by manofthecoldland
error
  • Like 1