Back in England

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, stevewool said:

... chocolate, biscuits and other goodies that was just to much money to buy while over there...

Interesting to read this - Brexit is already driving down prices to 3rd world level!

bob1965
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/27/2020 at 10:35 PM, stevewool said:

What time is it , what day is it and where am I , after being away so long and not having to live by the clock and trying to sleep, my body clock is all over the place.

To tell the truth I wish I was back over in the Philippines, Emma has done nothing but Moan Moan Moan since stepping into the house and is on repeat saying the same thing ‘ PUT THE HEATING ON ‘.

D0164AAC-290D-4E8A-9D5D-B1D408CD5514.jpeg 

Are you still cold? Maybe these will help.5C7F2008-F743-4E85-82B6-89250FCDF8AD.png

FC6DE034-0E6B-481C-8DF1-E8D55B88F3AA.png

Edited by bob1965
  • Haha 3

bob1965
Posted
Posted

Oh...and what time is it.... it’s 4.44 am and I’m reading these posts. Bc I got back Sunday. My new schedule is work 730 to 330. Fall asleep at 7 pm. Wake up by 2 am. Repeat. I wish I was back there too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Interesting to read this - Brexit is already driving down prices to 3rd world level!

If the Philippines is an indication of 3rd world prices Brexit would need to put them up somewhat.

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Gary D said:

If the Philippines is an indication of 3rd world prices Brexit would need to put them up somewhat.

I don't think the Philippines is more expensive than the UK - if you want to buy imported chocolate and crisps etc then you can expect to pay more here than you would in the UK for obvious reasons but that would apply in reverse as well.  

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I don't think the Philippines is more expensive than the UK - if you want to buy imported chocolate and crisps etc then you can expect to pay more here than you would in the UK for obvious reasons but that would apply in reverse as well.  

I live very cheaply here in England , I shop very wisely, change all my major bills every year for a better deal if I can so I think I would be saving very little comparing the prices , but yes I would have to go without my treats .

• Like 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted
On 2/28/2020 at 7:50 AM, stevewool said:

Sorry Tom .

I can’t think of a good English beer these days years ago it use to be a nice few glasses of brown and mild  , plus the fish and chip shops are closed as it’s 3-45am here and the heating thing well, if Ems walks around in her shorts and teeshirt which is nice to see, rather then a jumper and slippers the heating will stay off, kuripot is the only thing they got right about me in the Philippines  .

Brown and Mild down south was called a Boiler Maker

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, PaulB said:

Brown and Mild down south was called a Boiler Maker

You probably already know - a boiler maker in USA is a shot of whiskey (including the shot glass) dumped into a glass of beer. Is that the same in your home country?

RBM
Posted
Posted

Steve when ever your procrastinating my suggestion is for you to go back and re read your many posts on your recent trip here.

This should at least confirm your correct to be far away, at least for a while and when back far from that family.

• Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, RBM said:

Steve when ever your procrastinating my suggestion is for you to go back and re read your many posts on your recent trip here.

This should at least confirm your correct to be far away, at least for a while and when back far from that family.

Over the hills and far away springs to mind, since being back to normality I have started to put things into place about our future plans and the Philippines is just a tourist destination and to see friends in my eyes but as always it’s Emma’s family and we do talk openly about how she feels and my thoughts about them too and she is stuck it’s that simple , she knows what they are like but her love for them is deep, she can go anytime to see them and for how ever long too but I will not go to see them for more then a day or two, and that’s only to see what damaged they have done to the house .

Spain is now a place to look at for our winter sun , it may be rubbish it may be great but we are going to give that a try .

• Like 1