Philippine Airlines cancels all domestic flights

TimL
Posted
Posted

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine Airlines (PAL) announced on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the cancellation of all of its domestic flights amid the enhanced community quarantine now being enforced by the government on the entire island of Luzon.

“In compliance with the Philippine government’s Enhanced Community Quarantine measure over the Region of Luzon, including Metro Manila, ALL DOMESTIC FLIGHTS of Philippine Airlines are CANCELLED effective immediately until April 12, 2020,” PAL said in a statement posted on its Facebook account.

PAL flights will resume on April 13.

“We continue to operate INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS up to midnight of March 20, 2020. We will announce in due course the status of our international flights from March 20 up to April 12, as we are presently coordinating with government authorities on the relevant implementing details,” PAL added.

It said it will comply with the travel restrictions set by the government during the enhanced community quarantine over Luzon in a bid to curb the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.

Read more: https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/294731/philippine-airlines-cancels-all-domestic-flights#ixzz6GvAFNfrg 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

So its OK for travelers to bring the virus to PH then.  Check.  

• Hmm thinking 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

My buddy in luzon has just had his flight cancelled, he was due to fly to the uk via Hong Kong on the 30th of this month ,hes trying to reschedule 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Cebu Pacific also are grounding ALL FLIGHTS, both domestic and international from March 19th to April 14th.

I had an email from them this afternoon.

Over the past several days, we have seen a rapid escalation of developments surrounding the spread of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). The aviation industry - including Cebu Pacific - has been significantly impacted by COVID-19. 

We have had to cancel flights to key international markets, and more recently, majority of our domestic operations due to community quarantines and air travel restrictions.

Today, we have decided to suspend all our Cebu Pacific and Cebgo domestic and international passenger flights from March 19 to April 14, 2020, while the Enhanced Community Quarantine measures of the Philippine government are in effect.

It is a difficult, but necessary decision, as part of our efforts to ensure the safety of our passengers and operations teams, and to comply with stricter quarantine measures, and air, sea, and land restrictions - in the Philippines and other jurisdictions. 

On March 18, we will operate our last flights until April 14, and these will be from Manila to Bangkok, Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Ho Chi Minh, Singapore, Taipei, and Bali and vice versa. We will work with the authorities to assist in flying stranded passengers in and out of the Philippines. 

Prior to the Enhanced Community Quarantine, we operated 2,800 weekly flights to over 60 destinations across Asia, Australia and the Middle East, the most of any Philippine carrier.  

Below is a summary of the options for our guests on cancelled flights due to COVID-19. These options may be processed online via the “Manage Booking” portal in the Cebu Pacific website bit.ly/CEBmanageflight
5507af4d-2cec-4341-9fab-b6e784db58cc.jpg
We are working round-the-clock to ensure guests can conveniently manage their bookings online, and our customer care and frontliner teams are on hand to assist. FAQs may also be found here: bit.ly/CEBCOVID-19FAQ 

During this flight suspension period, we will base our 75-strong fleet in three operating hubs: Ninoy Aquino International Airport (MNL), Cebu-Mactan International Airport (CEB), and the Clark International Airport (CRK). 

We continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates as soon as possible. Let me assure you that this situation, while difficult and unprecedented, will pass.  

With your much-needed support, we will emerge from this stronger, so we can continue making moments happen for each and every Juan. 

Please allow me to thank you for your patience, understanding, and support. May I also request you to join me in thanking our flight, operational and frontliner teams for doing all they can to assist our guests. 

We look forward to flying you to more places again soon, but everyone’s safety is the priority at this time. 

Stay safe everyone! 

Until your next Cebu Pacific flight, 

3058271c-3583-4cc9-8727-8d44311ad573.png
Lance Gokongwei
President and CEO, Cebu Pacific Air
Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes, I just read the same email from Cebu Pacific.

Autralian airlines Qantas and Jetstar (their budget subsidiary) have just announced a 90% reduction in International flights with international flights to be routed via Perth, Australia instead of via Singapore along with a 60% reduction in domestic flights.

It's going to become almost impossible to travel internationally soon I think.

*edit*

Just announced; Virgin Australia are suspending all international flights starting March 30 

Edited by GeoffH

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

So its OK for travelers to bring the virus to PH then.  Check.  

Without flights how would the visitors that are already here get  home?  How would freight get flown in?   Yes you want to keep sick people out, but the economy is  also in desperate need of tourist dollars. 

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Without flights how would the visitors that are already here get  home?  How would freight get flown in?   Yes you want to keep sick people out, but the economy is  also in desperate need of tourist dollars. 

I don't know for a fact but air freight would probably be allowed fly in and out? Mail and other important or perishable items would require air.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I don't know for a fact but air freight would probably be allowed fly in and out? Mail and other important or perishable items would require air.

:thumbsup: I believe that might be the case, especially medical and food supplies.

( I heard that will be allowed in EU countries at cross border points by lorry/ trucks)

Edited by Kuya John
trucks
  • Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Yes, just remarking on the irony.  I think bootleg pump boat operators could have a booming business right about now :)

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Trying not to sound paranoid, Mike.... I think health and personal safety are more important than money and finances today?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1