Sending Load from Outside PH

Bringer
Posted
Posted

Hello, 

Is there any way to send load without (or with small surcharge) to a friend's Globe number? 

I am outside the Philippines and do not have a PH bank account. 

Thanks for your help! :) 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is, but I am fairly sure it would either require a load shared by another Globe number, eg from a friend or relative who has a Globe number, through one of the many loading outlets here, just your friends number is required, or through the load facility of a bank. Can your friends ask someone to do that? You could always do a money transfer via Western Union or similar to them and they could pass a load to your friends Globe number? I am sure your friends are very familiar with the procedure from within the Philippines.

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 1

Bringer
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hm, this site does 500PHP for 10US$, so that is almost without surcharge, but the problem is that my charge was declined. 

I used my Transfer Wise card. 

http://www.etopuponline.com

Edited by Bringer

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Bringer said:

Hm, this site does 500PHP for 10US$, so that is almost without surcharge, but the problem is that my charge was declined. 

I used my Transfer Wise card. 

https://www.etopuponline.com

I am not familiar with etopuponline. I tried the link you posted and it keeps coming up with page not found. It doesn't surprise me that you had a problem with a service like that. I have difficulty sometimes trying to top up my Smart number online using my banks load facility. Some gremlin in the system I guess. I don't have a Globe number otherwise I could put a load on for you. Does either of your friends have Smart? I could stick a load on it for you. But I think they would have to have selected 'Roaming' on their phone before leaving the Philippines for it to work.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Maybe the  World Remit air time top up (mobile recharge) might work for you?

https://www.worldremit.com/en/how-it-works-airtime-top-up

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I have just read your other thread and realise that your friends got back to the Philippines OK, so I guess it's you wanting to top up your own Globe phone. I am sure one of your friends will be able to load your Globe very easily now that they are back home. Just send them some cash via one of the many transfer services such as Western Union. 

• Like 1

Bringer
Posted
Posted

I made a mistake entering the link in my 2nd post, this is corrected now. 

Actually I do not live in the Philippines, and I do not have a Globe number. 

I want to put load on my friends Globe number from outside of the Philippines. 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Bringer said:

I made a mistake entering the link in my 2nd post, this is corrected now. 

Actually I do not live in the Philippines, and I do not have a Globe number. 

I want to put load on my friends Globe number from outside of the Philippines. 

Ah, OK. Then I think your only option is to send them some cash, as mentioned previously. There is no shortage of places they can receive it. There is bound to be one very close to them. 

Bringer
Posted
Posted

I just tried worldremit but their service wants 6.27GBP for a 300 Peso load. Which comes out to be a 25% surcharge. 

Since I would assume they also make a commission on the load, I think this is just too much. 

I wish I could get that etopupservice going, but they now have declined 3 cards. Maybe because I am trying to charge them from Thailand, or maybe just because they are glitchy, I don't know. 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
Just now, Bringer said:

I just tried worldremit but their service wants 6.27GBP for a 300 Peso load. Which comes out to be a 25% surcharge. 

Since I would assume they also make a commission on the load, I think this is just too much. 

I wish I could get that etopupservice going, but they now have declined 3 cards. Maybe because I am trying to charge them from Thailand, or maybe just because they are glitchy, I don't know. 

Are you in Thailand? Your location states you are in the Ukraine. If you are in Thailand there are literally hundreds of places you can send cash from. There are Western Union outlets on most street corners! 

• Like 1