Quarantine extended

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, scott h said:

Good.  

I reckon any earlier would have meant this current lockdown was a waste of time. 

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Australia hasn't really initiated a lockdown as such yet but that's the next stage.  At the moment, restaurants, bars, clubs are all closed to stop people mingling but all other businesses are still operating under restricted conditions.  Beaches, parks and gyms are also closed.   A LOT of people have lost their jobs but that's being addressed in parliament tomorrow with regards to income supplement for those that have been stood down. 

At the moment, the government is preparing for full lock down in case of a sharp raise in the curve (too late by then I reckon). 

They're talking 4-6 months under the current restrictions best case scenario.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I assumed they would extend it to at least the end of the month. Glad to see that they did. 

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted (edited)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Luzon_enhanced_community_quarantine

https://pia.gov.ph/news/articles/1036750

The articles on the ECQs are interesting.  But I get the impression that the MNL and Luzon ECQ is independent of the ones imposed by LGUs, who have nevertheless,  followed suit.  

Is there any level of local island wide/provincial choice in the degree of enhanced lock-down details ?... or does MNL/Luzon  set the theme in all matters and other islands/regions/provinces have to follow suit even though they may have few, if any tested or proven cases within their borders. 

Any chance of some maintained isolation islands easing up on local movement restrictions only ?...or does one size fit all,  regardless of the number of local or whole island infections.... some of which have 0  after  a quarantine of 3 weeks ? 

If we're under ECQ for another 3 weeks throughout the entire nation to err on the side of safety and precaution, I sure hope everyone gets fed.  How and when still seem to be important survival questions facing many.  Maybe there will be more feeding stations opening like those in Iloilo city.... but not Capiz so far as I know of.

Edited by manofthecoldland
typo

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Luzon_enhanced_community_quarantine

https://pia.gov.ph/news/articles/1036750

The articles on the ECQs are interesting.  But I get the impression that the MNL and Luzon ECQ is independent of the ones imposed by LGUs, who have nevertheless,  followed suit.  

Is there any level of local island wide/provincial choice in the degree of enhanced lock-down details... or does MNL/Luzon  set the theme in all matters and other islands/regions/provinces have to follow suit even though they may have few, if any tested or proven cases within their borders. 

Any chance of some maintained isolation islands easing up on local movement restrictions only,  or does one size fit all,  regardless of the number of local or whole island infections.... some of which have 0  after  a quarantine of 3 weeks ? 

If we're under ECQ for another 3 weeks throughout the entire nation to err on the side of safety and precaution, I sure hope everyone gets fed.  How and when still seem to be important survival questions facing many.  Maybe there will be more feeding stations opening like those in Iloilo city.... but nit Capiz so far as I know of.

I'm about 30 min outside Iloilo City - today the Barangay were distributing some emergency rations in our community.  Last night our HOA came around with a loudspeaker to let us know, but at the same time emphasised there were about 50 packs and therefore woefully short in terms of the number of residents - I'd estimate 500 households.

A noble gesture but it won't stop those in genuine need from going hungry if this is being replicated everywhere.  That said, we are a middle-class community so it's not an issue for most.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

d52797d222af88f9f01f01ff511cd13856c86a75.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, graham59 said:

d52797d222af88f9f01f01ff511cd13856c86a75.jpeg

Sorry sir, out of stock on fava beans and not allowed to serve Chianti.  :tongue:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

not allowed to serve Chianti. 

oh no.jpg

• Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm about 30 min outside Iloilo City - today the Barangay were distributing some emergency rations in our community.  Last night our HOA came around with a loudspeaker to let us know, but at the same time emphasised there were about 50 packs and therefore woefully short in terms of the number of residents - I'd estimate 500 households.

A noble gesture but it won't stop those in genuine need from going hungry if this is being replicated everywhere.  That said, we are a middle-class community so it's not an issue for most.   

Yes noble gesture, I am currently not far away in Bacolod, there is a lot of talk about corruption here with local LGUS.  Not sure how much is warranted how ever some of the smaller Barangay out side the city are receiving  very scant supplies.

Many families have complained about the strict requirements to qualify for any sort of assistance at all.  Knowing very well of the large number of families on these side roads we all pass by is very concerning. Can just hope supplies will soon be received by the many requiring them.