What I miss the most...............

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I actually don't miss so much now... I have a very lovely girl to look at... that's enough for me...

I have plenty to eat - maybe too much?

The air is cleaner than before.

I can see stars at night.

I am alive and - so far - wake up every morning

I can have coffee - not always Starbucks - but coffee anyway...

What could be be better than this... please tell me?

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

:89: Can tell you what I miss most about the Philippines.....

Fresh Cebu mangoes

Chow King

Predictable weather

Island hopping

Smiling faces

Affordable travel and hotels

And not having to wash the dishes :mocking:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Can tell you what I miss most about the Philippines.

I miss Virginia Bacon.  I grew to really like it and now I find Canadian bacon too salty

• Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I miss Virginia Bacon.  I grew to really like it and now I find Canadian bacon too salty

I miss Canadian bacon since it's hard to find right now. The Virginia bacon is plentiful by me but it has too much fat for my liking.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The mano po from my nieces and nephews because we may put each other in danger

A friendly handshake when meeting friends, neighbors, or maybe someone I just met

Going to Sunday service to be with my "church family"

Crowded sidewalks and street vendors on weekends

Meeting with and mentoring youth to give them hope of a better future

News or internet that is not consumed with the pandemic and the blame of who is at fault

Hearing the children's laughter as they play in the ocean (still some, but not nearly so many)

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack D said:

I miss Canadian bacon since it's hard to find right now. The Virginia bacon is plentiful by me but it has too much fat for my liking.

Showing my ignorance, is Virginia bacon a brand or a type of bacon?  The bacon I have found always seems very sweet to the point I end up giving it away.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, intrepid said:

What I miss is the hardware stores and larger lumber stores 

And now for my fingernail story; When my daughter was about 3+ and had learned to talk some, the three of us were sitting around the kitchen table.  The Mrs was biting some skin orient her finger nails or maybe even the edge of her nails.  Our daughter looked at her and asked, “What you eating mommy?”  The reply was, “nothing”.
Daughter then asked, “Want some ketchup with that?”.  Kids can be really funny sometimes without even knowing.  Some things we will never forget.

My brother in law had a lovely black Labrador bitch, when she was in season a local farms dog "Bill Starkey" would come round to get his wicked way, this happened so often my brother in law took Bill to the vet and had him Castrated. Some time later my brother in law's daughter Becky was relating the tale to my old father and shocked him, " Grand dad you will never guess what daddy did the other day ?? Oh  what was that Becky. He took "Bill Starckey to the vet & had him castrated !! "  As you might imagine my father didn't realise Bill Starkey was a dog !! So he was horrified to begin with !

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Dave... I'll wager an icy cold Molsons that in a few months you will be missing fresh yellowfin tuna AND warm temperatures and sunshine!!!:shades:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Showing my ignorance, is Virginia bacon a brand or a type of bacon?  The bacon I have found always seems very sweet to the point I end up giving it away.

Ah... Mike... that's the name of a girl Dave dated a long time ago. And she was so sweet, you gave her away?:hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1