What I miss the most...............

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Ah... Mike... that's the name of a girl Dave dated a long time ago. And she was so sweet, you gave her away?:hystery:

I thought her name was Dried Mango. 😳😂😳🤣

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Sorry Mike... I think it really was Virginia Bacon...:hystery:

Hmmm... and I wonder if she was really a virgin? Hmmmm....?

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Ham, a decent fresh ham, not frozen

I bought a whole bunch of frozen Filipino food to fill the freezer with 'meat' products just before the lockdown was announced. I ate 1/2 the ham, I couldn;t possibly finish it - would you like it?

Sausages, I make my own. I'll do a post in recipes next time I do it.

Beers and watching people - I hate you, I'm drinking the last of my rhum and watching the cats (mostly female, but it doesn't help).

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

Beers and watching people - I hate you, I'm drinking the last of my rhum

Mine ran out last week but was able to obtain a few more days supply and I think I have more comming tomorrow. Rum that is, not beer.

My order has been packed and ready to go over the road at the supermarket.

beer.jpg

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Here I miss good bacon, one thats not so thin that its see through, mostly fat and always frozen.

Ham, a decent fresh ham, not frozen

Sausages, Aussie sausages not the things I find here that usually all taste like a hotdog.

What I miss during lockdown

Going out , having a beer or ten. Talking to people. Watching the girls walk past.

Try the CDO brand bacon - yes...frozen... but they do sell thick sliced here in some of the grocery stores. It's actually pretty good. Not like you are accustomed to in Oz, but passable.

I have found some decent hams - yup... frozen... but not so bad. Maybe my tastes are just changed?

The Swiss Deli sells really good sausages of different varieties. There is also another delicatessen in town that sells some good bangers too. I hope you can find some there. Cebu seemed to have a lot of good food available when I have visited...

Careful... having the beer or ten and then watching the girls may send this conversation back to the insanely jealous Filipina topic? Be discreet, JGF!

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I miss most is.... Having a Decent English breakfast with my friends, who are members of this forum.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

The Swiss Deli sells really good sausages of different varieties. There is also another delicatessen in town that sells some good bangers too. I hope you can find some there. Cebu seemed to have a lot of good food available when I have visited...

For thise who miss sausages. I've found the "King Sue" brand of sausages available at Pure Gold are MUCH better than the usual hotdogs we get here and not much difference in price. They do German Franks and English Pork sausages though far from good are definitely passable and a welcome addition to my breakfast (or even bangers and mash for dinner in a pinch).