My Sporty Girl!

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, jimeve said:

could be that, I looked at some xbox groups and they recon the power brick needs to go directly into the outlet, Being an UK plug have to use an adapter!

My (UK) Xbox power bricks are plugged into UK type 4 or 6 gang extension leads...which of course are then plugged into the local rubbish.

Work fine. 

I do have small fans trained on the Xboxes... bought for the purpose.  (but not on the power bricks). 

I also use the Xboxes for all their other useful features, like watching YouTube, etc through the TVs, listening to music, etc... as they're connected to my Fiber internet. 

Edit to add:

I also like the original plugs and UK extension leads because they are actually fitted with things called FUSES...as well as being properly made. :rolleyes:

Edited by graham59
  • Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Do they make a steering wheel for playstation, I bought one before I came here but it's useless for me because the game pads are too unrealistic and complicated for me, i want a wheel with a shifter and a break, why can't they do that?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Heeb said:

Do they make a steering wheel for playstation, I bought one before I came here but it's useless for me because the game pads are too unrealistic and complicated for me, i want a wheel with a shifter and a break, why can't they do that?

The Logitech Force feedback set gets good reviews but it's pretty expensive, I'd like one myself but I can't really justify it for an occasional game.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G29-Racing-Wheel-941-000112/dp/B00YUIM2J0/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2N5TJIJ8DOCX9&dchild=1&keywords=logitech+force+feedback+racing+wheel+ps4&qid=1588479394&sprefix=logitech+force+fee%2Caps%2C383&sr=8-4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

The Logitech Force feedback set gets good reviews but it's pretty expensive, I'd like one myself but I can't really justify it for an occasional game.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G29-Racing-Wheel-941-000112/dp/B00YUIM2J0/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2N5TJIJ8DOCX9&dchild=1&keywords=logitech+force+feedback+racing+wheel+ps4&qid=1588479394&sprefix=logitech+force+fee%2Caps%2C383&sr=8-4

That looks better than my car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Good wheels(and pedals)  don't come cheap. 

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/product/xboxone/

graham59
Posted
Posted

The more serious guys use these at home.... :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Bear in mind, that recording to cam, then uploading to YouTube really does degrade the graphics on these videos (including mine). 

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

If I was rich....  lockdown ?  No problem.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

There was a full size driving simulator at the Philip Island GP track for a few years, I always made a point of paying my money and getting my 10 minutes of virtual laps in.  It had hydraulics very similar to that system although there were 2 seats next to each other so you could race one on one.

It was... very realistic... and the forces were much stronger than you'd expect before using it. 

They sort of throw you into a tilt forward when braking and slam you backwards when accelerating and it feels almost real (except for sustained acceleration).

Sadly I never really threatened the leader board LOL

• Like 2

BobP
Posted
Posted

What a cool toy! :smile:

• Like 1