My Sporty Girl!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, graham59 said:

The more serious guys use these at home.... :biggrin:

I watched this, and then this VR off-road one popped up.  They must have thousand and thousands invested!

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Certainly cheaper than racing (and crashing)  your very expensive REAL car.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Leila has been honing her tennis game and is getting good!

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Just going back to the car racing:

I always find it frustrating seeing the poor resultant (graphics) quality when uploading and posting my YouTube vids. Just not half as good as on my Xbox / TV.

Anyway, here's one that does actually reproduce what I see on my TV, when playing... and using a track that I have driven 'virtually' hundreds of times also. 

Comments ?

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

ust going back to the car racing:

I always find it frustrating seeing the poor resultant (graphics) quality when uploading and posting my YouTube vids. Just not half as good as on my Xbox / TV.

Anyway, here's one that does actually reproduce what I see on my TV, when playing... and using a track that I have driven 'virtually' hundreds of times also. 

Comments ?

That is awesome!  What program is that?

One of my regrets in life is not taking my 2007 Corvette out on Nurburgring when I was living one hour away in Bonn.  Frankly, I was chicken!  It had standard suspension which was too soft and bouncy to go very fast on the ring.  Many crashes you see there are cars that just don't have what is needed and the driver loses control.  And your insurance is void out there and I couldn't afford a 40k loss if I wrecked it.  However, I did zoom around all the beautifully maintained curvy country roads in that area for 3+ years.  I could press it hard and have a lot of fun without reaching super high speeds.

Did you see Ford vs. Ferrari?  Good movie!  I just watched it a few days ago.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's 'Assetto Corsa'...available for consoles and PC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assetto_Corsa

(I've yet to see that movie... but will look out for it...cheers. ).

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Car game graphics have come a long way over the years :)

I would love to drive Nurburgring but I doubt it’s going to happen now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

My best (full) Nurburgring time is 6 min 15 secs, in a full works Gumpert Apollo, in 'Need For Speed Shift Unlimited'. 

You need to 'tune' settings for engine , suspension, tyres, downforce wings, etc  yourself (or use settings recommended by others) to get the best out of the vehicles.  The settings make a huge difference to overall performance and 'driverbility'.... especially when competing online, where the rest of the field will probably just leave you for dead, if you leave things standard.

Different settings for each track too, of course.  :biggrin:

drivingx.gif

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: I am beginning to wonder who is getting more fun out of this OMW or his lovely Daughter?:whistling: :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I would love to drive Nurburgring but I doubt it’s going to happen now.

I did get to ride a Kawaski 750 around the Isle of Mann TT track at over 200kph in places (not that fast by todays standards I know)... so it's not all bad.

(Yes I know I'm quoting myself... but at least I'm not arguing with myself) :hystery:

• Like 3