"It is clear that today the COVID-19 disease is different."

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

But you said you missed the grim reaper! spec saver it is.

Guilty as charged on that one!  

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

they could have been far enough apart

Take a look at the three guy's to the right of the picture,only a shoe distanced apart, also two people with bikes,

( The guy to the left of the picture is actually pushing his and the pedal and part of the handlbars are just visible )

They are behind the lady in the  front of the picture walking on her own.

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

This pic was exposed in the UK as being a tad mischievous as it was taken at a particular angle which distorted the distance between people. Apparently they were, in the main, socially distancing.

Sorry to disagree hk, I was a press photographer in my youth, yes it's possible the Grim Reaper could of been doctored, or even someone making a statue type poise to point out how stupid people can be! I don't know how long it is since you visited the UK but people here fall into two categories Those that obey the rules and those that don't.

Time for my breakfast :cornflakes:

Edited by Kuya John
spelling + further observation
  • Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Those that obey the rules and those that don't.

Is that a similar difference as between "the quick and the dead?"

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Is that a similar difference as between "the quick and the dead?"

That depends on clear thinking and how fast you can pedal :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Take a look at the three guy's to the right of the picture,only a shoe distanced apart, also two people with bikes,

( The guy to the left of the picture is actually pushing his and the pedal and part of the handlbars are just visible )

They are behind the lady in the  front of the picture walking on her own.

Sorry to disagree hk, I was a press photographer in my youth, yes it's possible the Grim Reaper could of been doctored, or even someone making a statue type poise to point out how stupid people can be! I don't know how long it is since you visited the UK but people here fall into two categories Those that obey the rules and those that don't.

Time for my breakfast :cornflakes:

The grim reaper was doctored - I saw the original pic. The pic itself - take a look at the lamposts and you can see 2 are close together and the 3rd is miles away - reality is they are spaced equally.  Now, were all those in the pic socially distancing - no.  Were as few as the pic suggests - also no;  as you say, some follow the rules and some don't.

FYI - a UK football forum I participate in posted up this pic a couple of weeks ago and it was quickly shot down by most in a blink of the eye.  Not me though - I hadn't gone to Specsavers! 

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Not me though - I hadn't gone to Specsavers! 

They have got two for the price of one ! :hystery:........take care :tiphat:

• Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Spoke to my daughter in law yesterday, she is a cardio technician at a prominent london heart hospital ,her job is to check your heart put using ultrasound etc 

She told me that there is growing evidence that the virus has damaged the hearts of people who have survived covid ,she said that in some people due to the close proximity of the lungs to the heart ,the virus has attacked the heart ,further research is ongoing 

• Sad 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Sshe said that in some people due to the close proximity of the lungs to the heart ,the virus has attacked the heart ,further research is ongoing 

I have read elsewhere about this happening in some patients, it isn't a good finding :(

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

I have read elsewhere about this happening in some patients, it isn't a good finding :(

The young lady who told me is head of her department, its affecting the right side of the heart  ,its still being researched as to what damage is being done

Daughter in law is a bit of an ace with ultrasound, she has had some of her work published 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

she has had some of her work published 

Can we see it please :smile:

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic