Homemade Firearms

Mack
Posted
Posted
On 7/10/2020 at 2:08 AM, Jake said:

This is an off shoot from OMW's topic about the neighborhood knife sharpener.  As you guys may know, there a cottage industry in Danao, Cebu that makes the lucrative "Paltik".  The workers there possess excellent craftsmanship producing any weapon of your choice.  All from scrap metal.  

Having fired a few may I say they are passable but certainly not what I would class as excellent craftsmanship,they wouldn’t have longevity if your spending range time with one.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't want one. Less than top-quality materials in manufacturing could easily result in catastrophic failure, especially after firing many rounds.

Slightly off topic-

I once visited the firing range under the Crown Regency Hotel in Cebu. I immediately noticed they were using reloaded ammunition. The first 2 shots were normal. The next was a misfire (dud). The 'instructor' didn't know enough to wait 30 seconds before ejecting the dud (there is a possibility of delayed ignition). Then there were 3 more attempted shots with 2 being misfires. At that point I decided to not participate further.

• Hmm thinking 1