Problems with Shopee

insite
Posted
Posted (edited)

I received a malfunctioning item ordered through Shopee and started the complaints process the following day which is now over two weeks back.

There is no resolution and I am being run from pillar to post between their call centre inefficiencies and an uncooperative seller all without progress.

I asked for a number to call Shopee Customer Service direct and was given a number that does not work.

Does anyone have any idea how to get behind the call centre and or escalate this to level when I might start getting a resolution rather than the canned responses currently being offered.

Edited by insite

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, insite said:

Does anyone have any idea how to get behind the call centre and or escalate this to level when I might start getting a resolution rather than the canned responses currently being offered.

Are you using the app ?  Should be live chat.

you can reach us via:
Calls: 02 8 880 5200 (Monday to Sunday, 9 AM to 6 PM)
Chat: 24/7 (in-app only)

Follow these steps to Chat our Customer Service:

Step 1: Tap “Chat with Shopee” or tap “Help Centre” under Me tab.

Or maybe read through this https://help.shopee.ph/ph/s/topic/0TO6F000000QzIBWA0/returns-refunds

insite
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mate .

I have followed all these exact instructions using the app and have chatted with them time and time again - they are not getting there and every time I reconnect its a new agent and an assurance of a resolution with 48 hours.

I have chatted with supervisors on three occasions already all to no avail.

I have tried calling the no on our land line and get an error message saying the service feature is not available - maybe its a limitation on our connection or some kind of premium no - we are on fibre 50mbps Ps 2899 - our mobiles are the same - either way I cannot speak to them.

Will call PLDT in the morning to see if there is a work around this

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

always check the sellers location on Shoppee same as with Lazeda, but shoppee seems to be more sellers that are in China many stating they are in the Philippines .

• Love it 1

insite
Posted
Posted

I think this exactly my problem - they are posted under .ph whilst in fact they are in China

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Can you cancel the credit card charges? Clearly fraudulent activity. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Can you cancel the credit card charges? Clearly fraudulent activity. 

I would guess that he paid by COD like most of us try to.

We have ordered a lot on Shopee the past few months.  Generally satisfied and some problem orders were taken care of.

On July 12, we placed about 6 different orders (I like to pay for each seller separately) that had to be paid up front.  I paid all 6 at 7/11.  Most of those were from China.  And we had another 4 COD.    We received 7 of the orders rather quickly and gave them good reviews.  2 orders from China just were not shipping after 3 weeks, so we cancelled them.  I gave Shoppee my bank info and the money was refunded within 3-4 days.

One order was chosen by my 6 year old and was a Father's Day mug.  Ordered on June 12, Fathers Day was June 21.  The shipper shipped on the 16th from NCR, via Ninja Van.  What a mess they were.  It was in their system getting tossed around until the 29th.  The driver hands me the package and I immediately hear a jingle.  I shake a few time and the mug was obviously broken.

I spent many years in the package business so I told the guy I would not accept it as it was broken.  I did not open it.  I signed a copy of the shopee order say "refused, broken".  He took a picture of the paper and box and left.

My wife chatted with the seller and she didn't want to refund our money.  She said we should have opened the box and taken a picture of the broken mug.  So I chatted her and said fine, risk your reputation on this.  Then I filed a refund request with shopee.  The seller disputed the request, but when I sent some choice words her way, she said she was filing a claim with Ninja Van.  Eventually, we did get the refund, placed in our ShopeePay account.

The mug cost p100 with free shipping.  It's the principal of the thing, and daddy has no Father's Day mug!  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, insite said:

I have tried calling the no on our land line and get an error message saying the service feature is not available - maybe its a limitation on our connection or some kind of premium no - we are on fibre 50mbps Ps 2899 - our mobiles are the same - either way I cannot speak to them.

Will call PLDT in the morning to see if there is a work around this

If PLDT are like Globe, if the number is overseas you have to apply for an IDD service - it's not automatic.  Maybe the number is local but being redirected overseas hence the problem?

• Like 1

insite
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes I paid COD .

This is the number you get for Shopee - its appears to be neither an international number nor does it have a local area code .......

You can reach us via:

• Calls: 02 8 880 5200 (Monday to Sunday, 9 AM to 6 PM)
  • Chat: 24/7 (in-app only)

Wherever possible when buying online I use Pay Pal - it is not available here a great deal - I find them efficient at following up and a refund whenever there are problems - the systems here are not on a par if and when something goes wrong - generally speaking I get fairly good service from both Shopee and Lazada but on the odd occasion when there are problems it can be a frustrating and time-wasting experience trying to resolve.

I also notice on Shopee that the app and desktop platform operate in a very different way - I was being given a refund for a broken hydrometer by the seller and was confronting him because it was not reflecting in my wallet on my desktop web page but after sometime it was pointed out that it was credited to my wallet in the app only ........... whatever.

Nobody said it would be easy :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by insite

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, insite said:

Yes I paid COD .

This is the number you get for Shopee - its appears to be neither an international number nor does it have a local area code .......

You can reach us via:

• Calls: 02 8 880 5200 (Monday to Sunday, 9 AM to 6 PM)
  • Chat: 24/7 (in-app only)

Wherever possible when buying online I use Pay Pal - it is not available here a great deal - I find them efficient at following up and a refund whenever there are problems - the systems here are not on a par if and when something goes wrong - generally speaking I get fairly good service from both Shopee and Lazada but on the odd occasion when there are problems it can be a frustrating and time-wasting experience trying to resolve.

I also notice on Shopee that the app and desktop platform operate in a very different way - I was being given a refund for a broken hydrometer by the seller and was confronting him because it was not reflecting in my wallet on my desktop web page but after sometime it was pointed out that it was credited to my wallet in the app only ........... whatever.

Nobody said it would be easy :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

The area code is the 02 for NCR and the 8 digits are the Manila number.  They changed to 8 digits a while back.

You have a wallet in online website?  I can't find anything like that.  For a refund, you can give them your bank info or activate your ShopeePay account.  You have to activate it in the phone app, and I guess you can only see it there too.