Anyone use a bread maker?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Someone mentioned sugar free bread was not available but it depends where you live.

Side question.  My wife has been baking a lot lately and made some bread.  She was frustrated because it was a lot of work to knead, let rise, etc.  I was telling her there are bread makers.  Anybody use a bread maker?  I think you can get many different ingredients on Lazada or Shopee.

Edited by Old55
I move this into a new topic.

Ozapriliaguy
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Side question.  My wife has been baking a lot lately and made some bread.  She was frustrated because it was a lot of work to knead, let rise, etc.  I was telling her there are bread makers.  Anybody use a bread maker?  I think you can get many different ingredients on Lazada or Shopee.

When I moved here I brought a bread maker from Oz and as there was no bread flour available, it kind of worked. But the bread was heavy and doughy  (but I did make some nice date loaf). Now Bread Flour is available in many places, so if you see a Bread Maker, give it a try....they are quite good, I regret giving mine away.

Edited by Ozapriliaguy
  • Like 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

They are great!!! In fact 50% of the time we use just to make the dough (get one that has a dough mode, it just kneads it and lets it rise). Once you you have the dough... just form what you want. Great for French/Italian bread and pandesol.  Making it in the machine it self is fine... but its a loaf.  We even make pizza crust with it.

• Like 3

roddavis
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I have used one for the past 4 years and since I back a lot, especially breads, pizza, sourdough, dinner rolls, breakfast rolls--- the bread machine is definitely the way to go. Depending on what type of bread, load flour and ingredients, set and go! Very easy, low cleanup, and enjoy anytime of the day. Some models you can make homemade jams and jellies in the breadmaker. Some models believe it or not even makes icecream and even yogurt!

Just don't buy chinese cuz the manuals and buttons on the machine are in chinese. The manual in english usually has many pages for recipes and suggestions! 

I bake so much that it is best to buy bread flour 20-30Kg sacks, and yeast  1/2 kg for best savings.

I even have the local priest asking for the occasional loaves because it tastes so much better, and warm and fresh!

There are so many brands and models, buy the one that fits your budget and needs. But I suggest to get the one that makes the larger loaf size (2.2lbs)!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I suggest a Kitchen Aid mixer. The Artisan model is best for home baking. A mixer is much more useful than a bread maker. I have read some bread makers work very well and are easy to use.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I move this into a new topic.

Thanks, I was too lazy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I suggest a Kitchen Aid mixer. The Artisan model is best for home baking. A mixer is much more useful than a bread maker. I have read some bread makers work very well and are easy to use.

Somebody just posted this in our neighborhood group.

Screenshot (317).png

jpbago
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I have been using bread maker machines for over 20 years, went thru 3 or 4 of them. Excellent machines for breads, buns, or dough. So much easier than by hand. Measure carefully and it is perfect every time. The Master Chef is good and quiet but the beeper is too quiet. BreadMan/BreadMaster are good. Avoid the double paddle ones like the Black & Decker has as it is the paddle bearing that goes every time (from the heat). When making your own bread, you control the ingredients, like salt, but it does not keep as long as the store breads. I usually freeze half.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

R - A lot of spices, forks, spoons, knives, things used for cooking, lots of small towels, and the small washing machine.

L - Washing machine????  We didn't send a washing machine.

R - Yes you did, I saw it.

L - What does it look like?

R - It is white, about 25 cm square and 40 cm tall.  The top opens and it has a small window in the middle.  Inside there was bars of soap and a bunch of socks.

L - That is a bread maker!  We put the soap and socks in there just to use up the empty space. 

:hystery:

At least he didn’t say it ‘And I tested it, works great, perfect size for our underwear!” .......

..... or did he? :shock_40_anim_gif:

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3