Travelling Mailbox Short Term Review

carbpow
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Yeochief said:

They sent me some documents via Fedex on 20 August, arrived in the Philippines on 26 August (scheduled delivery date), was held at customs for a day, then Fedex said would deliver by 6 pm on 27 August.  Now Fedex is saying delivery date is not scheduled at this time.  Glad I don't need the documents anytime soon.  

I have had bad luck with Fedex here. Delays, request for further information, need to pay more money etc. all after arrival in PH. Complaints to Fedex went unanswered. No problems with DHL except an occasional Covid delay.

• Thanks 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

I got my Fedex today, a week after it arrived in the Philippines.  Cost P578, called Filipino delivery service.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Yeochief said:

I got my Fedex today, a week after it arrived in the Philippines.  Cost P578, called Filipino delivery service.  

You had to pay p578 here, in addition to what was paid in the U.S?  It was just documents?

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Correct.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

You had to pay p578 here, in addition to what was paid in the U.S?  It was just documents?

What did they say the p578 was for?  That is BS.  I was in the business for almost 30 years .

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

What did they say the p578 was for?  That is BS.  I was in the business for almost 30 years .

Maybe the same as the 128php Philpost charge us for packages from Amazon etc etc?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Just now, hk blues said:

Maybe the same as the 128php Philpost charge us for packages from Amazon etc etc?

Philpost is a whole nuther animal.  Fedex document shipments are prepaid door to door.  Even if it is an outlying area, it is included in the price paid at origin.

Dutiable packages might incur duties and taxes at destination, but not documents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I was in the business for almost 30 years

Yeah but the day after you left they decided it was a good time to revamp the system so since you have not worked for sometime things changed. :whistling: