Access to Dumaguete

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Hi All, 

The Angry Midget is driving down from Guihulngan to Dumaguete in the next couple of days to buy some things for the perpetual renovation to the house.  She went back up there for lock down and has been spending the time supervising, well, the renovation.  

My question is this:  We've both been searching various sites, speaking to authorities etc but other than mask and face shield there's no restrictions on entering and leaving Dumaguete that we can see.  Anyone know any different?  We're a bit worried she may be turned around or even stuck there if she enters.  The former is not so bad but the latter not something we want to deal with.  We can't find anything stating that this may be the case but boots on ground advice would be appreciated.  We all know how accurate and timely information can be in PI....

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

My question is this:  We've both been searching various sites, speaking to authorities etc but other than mask and face shield there's no restrictions on entering and leaving Dumaguete that we can see.  Anyone know any different?  We're a bit worried she may be turned around or even stuck there if she enters.  The former is not so bad but the latter not something we want to deal with.  We can't find anything stating that this may be the case but boots on ground advice would be appreciated.  We all know how accurate and timely information can be in PI....

I live outside of Dumaguete (Bacong) and have no problems going through checkpoints on any day bar Sunday. Sunday may be okay, just not been to Dumaguete on Sunday's 

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I live outside of Dumaguete (Bacong) and have no problems going through checkpoints on any day bar Sunday. Sunday may be okay, just not been to Dumaguete on Sunday's 

Thanks mate.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Be wise to check it out if your coming  from a far. I was turned away 2 days ago  3/4 the way to San Carlos, coming from Bacolod, both cities in Occidental. Need to have a residence certificate (took 4 hours yesterday)  Medical certificate xray.

We went to City health as instructed, was a zoo, one must be there at 7am and if lucky may get it done same day. Thought we would short circuit and have our doctor provide. This was amazingly complicated just to get an appointment which would be first come basis. Again many more hoops to jump through before even allowed to enter hospital.

Now have been advised the check point will only accept a medical from City health not a registered doctor.....So only option is first buy a thick book, load the bucket with patience and hurry up and wait.

Good luck to your angry midget.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, RBM said:

Be wise to check it out if your coming  from a far. I was turned away 2 days ago  3/4 the way to San Carlos, coming from Bacolod, both cities in Occidental. Need to have a residence certificate (took 4 hours yesterday)  Medical certificate xray.

We went to City health as instructed, was a zoo, one must be there at 7am and if lucky may get it done same day. Thought we would short circuit and have our doctor provide. This was amazingly complicated just to get an appointment which would be first come basis. Again many more hoops to jump through before even allowed to enter hospital.

Now have been advised the check point will only accept a medical from City health not a registered doctor.....So only option is first buy a thick book, load the bucket with patience and hurry up and wait.

Good luck to your angry midget.

She was talking to the local Barangay Captain yesterday and she found out all you just said.  So she's spending today jumping through those hoops... Luckily she's a fitness nut. 

It's not all that surprising that she couldn't find any of that info posted/published anywhere.  

RBM
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, BrettGC said:

She was talking to the local Barangay Captain yesterday and she found out all you just said.  So she's spending today jumping through those hoops... Luckily she's a fitness nut. 

It's not all that surprising that she couldn't find any of that info posted/published anywhere.  

Ha lots of hoops....We tried to ovoid the hoops by going to another check point yesterday and were told totally different requirements needed to travel to same destination....Had to laugh or go crazy...Now just gona grab big book and line up at City health, Xray later and the many other requirements just to travel bit over 100KM.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, RBM said:

Ha lots of hoops....We tried to ovoid the hoops by going to another check point yesterday and were told totally different requirements needed to travel to same destination....Had to laugh or go crazy...Now just gona grab big book and line up at City health, Xray later and the many other requirements just to travel bit over 100KM.

Hmmm.... RBM... maybe you can buy some Tanduay somewhere along the way and assuage your irritation?:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Sorry to hear about your travel issues... I hope it works out in your favour very soon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I wonder if a parachute drop or hang glider would make life easier. Just land in the right spot and disappear.  :pufff:

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I wonder if a parachute drop or hang glider would make life easier. Just land in the right spot and disappear.  :pufff:

Trust me mate, I've thought about it...

• Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Brett, you could go to the checkpoint at 9am then go away and get the requirements they ask for. Then you go back and it is a different person there and no sir mam you need this. They do not know what they are doing and make it up as they go along.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic