Access to Dumaguete

RBM
Posted
Posted

One of the check points we visited which had totally different requirements to the other which was close by said......Sir we open here at 7am......Stupid me did not think to ask if the barricade the road during the period they are absent.

We go City health tuesday  so what will be will be......

• Hmm thinking 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Brett, you could go to the checkpoint at 9am then go away and get the requirements they ask for. Then you go back and it is a different person there and no sir mam you need this. They do not know what they are doing and make it up as they go along.

Yeah, they seem to be making it up as they go along.. I think she's going to give it a miss.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

There is a hardware store(big one) Sibulan side of town which might be easier for her to get to.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Well she ended up running the gauntlet after all and drove from Guihulngan and is in Dumaguete as I write this.  Not a single check point encountered.  

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Well she ended up running the gauntlet after all and drove from Guihulngan and is in Dumaguete as I write this.  Not a single check point encountered.  

Told you.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Amazing nice to hear Brett, we started lining up at 6am today for the Medical Certificate, private doctors medical certificate not acceptable.......Hope by tomorrow after countless more hours of line up and wait we be good to travel Bacolod San Carlos.....

Just glad I brought a good book with me......

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Amazing nice to hear Brett, we started lining up at 6am today for the Medical Certificate, private doctors medical certificate not acceptable.......Hope by tomorrow after countless more hours of line up and wait we be good to travel Bacolod San Carlos.....

Just glad I brought a good book with me......

Well she jumped through all the hoops she was told to and as I said, it was for nought despite the fact it's a two hour drive on a good day.  I found it all very odd even by PI standards given the proclivity there by those in authority to want to be seen to assert that authority.  

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic