OH, OH.....another navy vs army jab

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Kuya John said:

I guess you are to young to remember that brand of cigarettes.......

Not at all.  

My dad used to smoke them...and Players, until he stopped smoking at 35. 

I believe the RN supplied them at much reduced prices back then. 

images.jpg

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jake said:

I salute you SIR and as a former command master chief, USN.....I hereby appoint you to the rank of MasterBater.  Just like me.  

Thank you Chief.  And I’ll have you know I resemble that remark!  At least occasionally that is.  So I will respectfully accept the promotion. :tiphat:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, intrepid said:

Thank you Chief.  And I’ll have you know I resemble that remark!  At least occasionally that is.  So I will respectfully accept the promotion. :tiphat:

OK, I'm serious this time Danny.  Please accept my invitation to become a fellow veteran.  Actually BrettGC is the most senior (Royal Australian Navy) in this group and I'm sure he will agree with me.  But you have to go through the coveted "Chief's Initiation".  It will hurt soo goood.....he, he.  

Edited by Jake
  • Haha 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted

Does the Army have a song like this? :laugh:

• Haha 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

royal navy.jpg

• Haha 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
On 8/29/2020 at 12:38 AM, Yeochief said:

Fine Navy day to you Master Chief.

Hey shipmate, I've been here for awhile, so the coffee mess is already set up for ya.  Warning, don't use the Army's coffee pot.  They're using their dirty socks for coffee filters. They claim it enhances the growth of their pubic hairs.  I accidentally drank some and now my scale is full of them.  Damn Army!  

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

My favourite uncle (son of my army major grandfather), had a promising career ahead of him. Already a sergeant in the Coldstream Guards at 23 years old,  when out of the blue, he became a type 1 diabetic...in need of the daily injections. Heartbroken, and medically discharged.  Later died from Leukemia, when still in his 60s. 

I count my blessings.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Jake said:

don't use the Army's coffee pot.  They're using their dirty socks for coffee filters.

At least we take our dirty socks off and repurpose them, sailors just keep them on :shades:

• Haha 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, graham59 said:

My favourite uncle (son of my army major grandfather), had a promising career ahead of him. Already a sergeant in the Coldstream Guards at 23 years old,  when out of the blue, he became a type 1 diabetic...in need of the daily injections. Heartbroken, and medically discharged.  Later died from Leukemia, when still in his 60s. 

I count my blessings.  

It's very interesting how the British Army has designation for different regiments.  Those badges and emblems are really decorative.  For example, Coldstream Guards:

british guard.PNG 

Here are more badges of honor: british regiments.PNG

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

What I miss even more than the interservice rivalry is the (usually) harmless pranks we used to play on each other.

I remember as a young infantry pog and my first time on board ship, the USS Franklin, an LST in the gator navy.

After 3 days at sea my Sargent said it was time for the mail buoy drop and had me go topside to wait for the helicopter.  There I was slowly freezing on the fan tail when a grizzled old chief (he must have been all of 35 years old :hystery:) came up and asked what the holy hell I though I was doing! When I told him, he pointedly asked if my mother had any children that actually lived. And said.

"You stupid F@#K! What are you doing here then! By the time you see the mail bird it will be past us!!!! You have to go stand on the BOW so you can see it coming at us!!!! 

It was even colder at the front of the boat :boohoo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3