Alexa… We need guns

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, intrepid said:

My Newfoundland, Duke, was coal black and at just over 150 lbs looked like a black bare.  When a visitor drove up to the house he would run out to the vehicle barking and no one would exit their car if they didn't know him.  Once I walked out to let them know he was harmless, they would get out of the vehicle and he would just about give them a bath licking them.  Most gentle dog of that size I ever saw.  He was my true pale and best friend.  He loved to go swimming when we went scuba diving.  Sure do hims him.

I know this is way off topic but... this is the forum, right?

My Dad had a Newfie and, when we had our own house, I wanted one too. Super gentle and friendly, but very intimidating. Ours was also near 150 pounds. When he barked at strangers, I am sure you could hear him a mile away... The ground practically shook when he barked!

The UPS driver would not get out of the truck when the dog was loose. For some reason, he (the dog) hated big brown trucks... I cried the day we had to put him down and still feel a tear when I think about that gentle giant...

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Sad 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

In the UK we have reasonable control over weapons and all must be stored inside a certified gun cabinet when not in use.

and the Ammunition is suppose to be kept separated :tiphat:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

carbpow
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

So CP... have you found the planet yet where you might prefer to settle?:whistling:

I have settled many places. Only felt the need to have a gun in two places and both of those were in South Florida, left those neighborhoods as soon as I could.  I lived in the Philippines for most of the last 5 years, it suits me. Previously lived in S. Korea for 3 years, Singapore for 2 years, the Dominican Republic for 3 years and Haiti for 9 years. Only in Haiti did I have a gun because I made trips to the bank to exchange money for payroll so I took the gun out of the safe on that day, carried it with me. I own 2 shotguns in the USA because I enjoy shooting sporting clays when I visit and I have one Browning Hi Power .40 which I will sell there whenever I find a buyer. There have been no times I felt threatened because I didn't have a gun. 

Edited by carbpow
  • Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Yeochief said:

I had several guns at the house in the country.  Glock .45, .38 special that fit in my pocket, double barrel 12 gauge shot gun (keep beside the bed) loaded with buck shot, 12 gauge single shot for critters, .22 cal rifle for critters, 7 mm rifle for wild game.  If some country invaded the US, they would not have to worry about the Military, it would be the red necks that they would have to worry about.

Largest-Standing-Army-in-the-World-B.jpg

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, jimeve said:

Mars is nice this time of year (Mars time)

But in only a few years Elon Musk will arrive and my guess is he will be packing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks all for being humorous and respectful. :tiphat:

I know Tom was thinking "why the heck (didn't say heck) is he posting now"! :bash:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Thanks all for being humorous and respectful. :tiphat:

I know Tom was thinking "why the heck (didn't say heck) is he posting now"! :bash:

Everyone on this forum is now a mind reader???? I can run but I can't hide!!!:SugarwareZ-037:

So I return to my earlier comment - "Alexa, we need beers and Tanduay!"

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Everyone on this forum is now a mind reader???? I can run but I can't hide!!!:SugarwareZ-037:

So I return to my earlier comment - "Alexa, we need beers and Tanduay!"

The Tom I mentioned was not you Tommy T sorry for any misunderstanding. :smile:

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Old55 said:

The Tom I mentioned was not you Tommy T sorry for any misunderstanding. :smile:

No worries, Old... But thanks for the comment. Too many Toms out here!!!:laugh:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1