Annulment Lawyer - Quezon Recommendations?

Nick
Posted
Posted

Hi to all, hope all's well & staying safe,

Bit of a long shot, but was wondering if anybody could please recommend a decent annulment lawyer in the Quezon City area or nearby.... Or even advise on any lawyers to avoid!  :smile:

Not planning on starting the process soon for my GF, waiting till next year pending lifting of travel restrictions... but just want to put some feelers out to understand the process, costs & estimated timescales.

Many thanks in advance, for any advice or info

Nick

graham59
Posted
Posted

I think I'd just avoid married women...with all due respect.  :smile:

Sooo many lovely single ladies to choose from here in the Phils.  :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Nick
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I think I'd just avoid married women...with all due respect.  :smile:

Sooo many lovely single ladies to choose from here in the Phils.  :thumbsup:

Hi Graham, fair point & I totally get why you suggest that :smile:

However, I've been in this relationship for a while now, and we get on with each other really well & I can't be arsed with the dating game again :smile:

Cheers

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Okay.

Good luck !  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Nick said:

Hi to all, hope all's well & staying safe,

Bit of a long shot, but was wondering if anybody could please recommend a decent annulment lawyer in the Quezon City area or nearby.... Or even advise on any lawyers to avoid!  :smile:

Not planning on starting the process soon for my GF, waiting till next year pending lifting of travel restrictions... but just want to put some feelers out to understand the process, costs & estimated timescales.

Many thanks in advance, for any advice or info

Nick

My wife had filed for annulment before I met her in 2011.  Not sure exactly when, maybe 2010.  When I first moved to the Philippines in late 2012 she was following up with the lawyer quite often but he was fairly useless, just saying it was in the court.  So then she sent her sister (she lived near the court) over to the court a few times to talk to the clerks.  I seem to recall that the clerks requested she buy them lunch one time.

So finally the court granted the annulment in July 2013.  The sister picked up the court papers and the clerk told her my wife was very lucky to get the annulment, because physical abuse is not grounds for annulment in the Philippines.

I think my wife had paid the lawyer p30,000 up to that point and owed him p10,000 more when it was completed.  She did not want to pay him because he was so useless, so she didn't.  He never pursued it.  From what I hear, you can expect to pay a lot more than that.

Hope this helps a bit.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Nick said:

:smile:

However, I've been in this relationship for a while now, and we get on with each other really well & I can't be arsed with the dating game again :smile:

Cheers

Well by now you should know all the pitfalls........wish you luck.:tiphat:

• Like 1

Nick
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, graham59 said:

Okay.

Good luck !  :thumbsup:

Thanks Graham 

• Like 1

Nick
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Well by now you should know all the pitfalls........wish you luck.:tiphat:

Cheers John

Nick
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

, because physical abuse is not grounds for annulment in the Philippines.

I think my wife had paid the lawyer p30,000 up to that point and owed him p10,000 more when it was completed.  She did not want to pay him because he was so useless, so she didn't.  He never pursued it.  From what I hear, you can expect to pay a lot more than that.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated :smile:.....

Yeah despite the mental & physical abuse she had to endure, we've discounted, realistically using that. Going in favour of the usual mental incapacity route.

Yeah, I've factored in paying more than 30k mate! :laugh: ... Found a few lawyers so far. Just want to build up a selection to review.

Some responses so far, have been within the realms of fantasy! :laugh:

Cheers Nick

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Factor in a minimum of 100,000 Peso's or more and pray you get an honest lawyer and judge.

• Like 3