Are You Happily Married?

Guardian
Posted
Posted

There seems to be a commonality in most of the mixed Filipina/American couples that I have met over the years. It seems to me that those who have great marriages are married to ladies who were working at regular jobs in the Philippines for years before they met and were earning their own money and therefore knew the value of money. I am not saying all marriages such as those work out but the ones I know of all seem to be married for quite a few years. So what I am wondering is how many of your wives or girlfriends were working for a long time within the Philippines before you met and how do you feel your relationship is standing up? Are there other factors or qualities that you can think of that I or others should look for in a woman? My next question would be to those of you whose marriages or relationships with Filipina's did not work out, were they working within the Philippines before you met? I feel that jobs outside the Philippines before marriage may attribute to problems since the divorces that I know of were all ladies who worked in other countries and seemed to get spoiled seeing the wealth or possibly by the money they made compared to money they may have made if working in the Philippines. Again I am not saying that would always be true and that is why I would like to hear from those of you whose wives worked outside the Philippines as well to determine if I may have hit on a commonality or if it is just a commonality of the mixed couple that I have met over the years here in the United States.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Mental health is a big factor independent of work experience..

Guardian
Posted
Posted
Mental health is a big factor independent of work experience..
I would guess that would be something easily seen early on in a relationship. What should I look for and do a lot of Philippine ladies have mental issues?

Mik
Posted
Posted

Forrest Gump (1994)Mrs. Gump: "Life's a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you're gonna get.".

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
There seems to be a commonality in most of the mixed Filipina/American couples that I have met over the years. It seems to me that those who have great marriages are married to ladies who were working at regular jobs in the Philippines for years before they met and were earning their own money and therefore knew the value of money. I am not saying all marriages such as those work out but the ones I know of all seem to be married for quite a few years. So what I am wondering is how many of your wives or girlfriends were working for a long time within the Philippines before you met and how do you feel your relationship is standing up? Are there other factors or qualities that you can think of that I or others should look for in a woman? My next question would be to those of you whose marriages or relationships with Filipina's did not work out, were they working within the Philippines before you met? I feel that jobs outside the Philippines before marriage may attribute to problems since the divorces that I know of were all ladies who worked in other countries and seemed to get spoiled seeing the wealth or possibly by the money they made compared to money they may have made if working in the Philippines. Again I am not saying that would always be true and that is why I would like to hear from those of you whose wives worked outside the Philippines as well to determine if I may have hit on a commonality or if it is just a commonality of the mixed couple that I have met over the years here in the United States.
Hi Guardian, firstly im not an American but my wife was in full-time employment and infact a graduate at one of the best schools in the Philippines. The value of money is important but I might be a bit odd to many as I had no intentions of going to the Philippines or getting married. I had a great job and a high salary but a few things happened along the way that made me want to go and meet April. After that a path was pretty much carved. The other issue you will probably find is there can be family issues you arent aware of until they are too late to resolve easily I found that there are things that are regarded as "sibling or family issues" which arent supposed to be yours to get involved in but if I was aware of them at the time a lot of problems and headaches could have been resolved without ending up out of pocket at the same time. Also its all on compatibility me and my wife are best of friends on top of everything else as we are both keen cooks and enjoy the same music tastes etc. Thing is to take your time and if it feels right it probably is.

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted

Yes, but I am the Filipina in the relationship! SugarwareZ-005.gif No one is perfect and we just have to accept people for who they are and make the best of our relationships and try hard to talk things out. After all training these kanos is not easy. :SugarwareZ-034:

daisy
Posted
Posted

My husband inspired me to be the best that I can be! Transforming individual differences and inadequacies into understanding and contentment....and still a work in progress by God's Grace!

Guardian
Posted
Posted
My husband inspired me to be the best that I can be! Transforming individual differences and inadequacies into understanding and contentment....and still a work in progress by God's Grace!
That is very sweet. I hope to find a woman who feels the same way about me. :D

Adiene
Posted
Posted
That is very sweet. I hope to find a woman who feels the same way about me.

Guardian
Posted
Posted (edited)
That is very sweet. I hope to find a woman who feels the same way about me. :lmao:
dont worry u will find someone for you.. you dont need to look for it.. i will come to your way in the right time and place. 2245_safe.gifADIENE
Aidene, that is amazing that you said that, that is exactly what happened to me at a party here in the United States and she is from Cebu so I am doubly amazed. I pray it will work out for us because I already love her and feel that she is everything in a woman that I could ever want. :lol: I am so happy I feel like a big kid. SugarwareZ-005.gif Edited by Guardian