One silver lining

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Agree with Geoff, Kindle unlimited is the way to go if you read a lot.  The last time I checked I averaged reading 22 books a month over 30 months.   I am have purchased a total of six kindle readers, including two kindle "fires". 

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Mike J said:

The last time I checked I averaged reading 22 books a month over 30 months. 

There is a way to check?!  I never realized... I was just guessing how many I read.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, GeoffH said:

There is a way to check?!  I never realized... I was just guessing how many I read.

It looks like they have changed the way you can view your reading history.  You used to be able to set a filter for dates and status to "Returned" and it would give a list of books read/returned during the time frame.  You could go back in history up to 30 months.    A bit more difficult now.

This is via laptop, have not tried it on my smart phone.

Login to Amazon > Accounts and Lists > Your KIndle unlimited > Set dropdown to returned > Set sort to either oldest or newest  At that point you would need to scroll and count while keeping track of the date returned that is shown.

• Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

At that point you would need to scroll and count while keeping track of the date returned that is shown.

Thanks... looks like my guess wasn't too far off.

September 13 books, August 12 books, June 1 book (but I paid for a multi-book series of 9 books that wasn't on Kindle unlimited) and May 10 books.

So... 10 to 15 (ish) each month would be about right or one every 2 to 3 days.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

*agghh another double post*

I should stop trying to correct typos I make :sad:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, GeoffH said:

*agghh another double post*

I should stop trying to correct typos I make :sad:

If computors are so samrt, why due they keep making misstakes?  :hystery:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Uh, Mike.... sounds like yours might be a female computer?

If so, then you should remember that she won't make misstakes?:hystery:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Pretty sure the cause of this is PEBKAC :571c66d400c8c_1(103):  *

* For those who haven't spent half their life around technicians this is short for "problem exists between keyboard and chair" :56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Pretty sure the cause of this is PEBKAC :571c66d400c8c_1(103):  *

* For those who haven't spent half their life around technicians this is short for "problem exists between keyboard and chair" :56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

I usually referred to that type of issue as being a "wetware" problem as opposed to hardware or software. 🙄

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Slightly off topic but I wonder if anyone has done a study into the type of reading someone does compared to their outlook on life and values ( gullibility ).

I can hand on heart say the last time I read fiction ( media excluded ) was about 36yrs ago.  I read a lot but only factual or technical publications.  I tend to find that a lot of social media is so far from the truth and obviously a lie, yet some of my friends with decent degrees read books constantly but either fiction or one side of the political scale and they are forever quoting fake news.

I have two groups of friends, ex military mainly from a technical side and civilians from a mountaineering group who tend to be lean towards a different political spectrum.  Their take on the World is like chalk and cheese.  The military friends that are still into technical things do question everything.  The ones that have put their feet up and like a good bit of fiction are definitely more likely also to believe fake news.   

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1