Anyone know a good real estate agent in Lipa, Batangas

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

Question in the topic.  Anyone know a good, honest real estate agent in Lipa?

Right now I'm interested in foreclosed houses but we are also looking for anything that's under 3 million pesos or so.  We've looked online a lot but I know that's not most of what's out there.

Thanks!😀😀

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Balisidar said:

Hi all,

Right now I'm interested in foreclosed houses but we are also looking for anything that's under 3 million pesos or so.  We've looked online a lot but I know that's not most of what's out there.

Thanks!😀😀

Are you serious???

• 2 weeks later...
Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted
On 10/7/2020 at 7:13 AM, Balisidar said:

Hi all,

Thanks!😀😀

We're looking in the Lipa area as well.  But my wife wants a hobby farm, maybe a hectare, and we'll build from ground up.  We've been looking on line as well, and I think everyone selling on line is looking for a rich American/European/Australian, so the prices are pretty jacked up.  We've been working with a woman who we dealt with before on a real estate transaction, but I think she's in Cavite and doesn't stray much further south than Tagaytay, at least during COVID epidemic.  If you're still looking for a real estate person I can pass you her name. We're putting everything on hold right now because we can't really take any action until COVID is behind us.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Maxheadspace said:

We've been looking on line as well, and I think everyone selling on line is looking for a rich American/European/Australian, so the prices are pretty jacked up.

Seems to be that way everywhere.  I don't think the Covid impact has hit yet, so there may be opportunities coming.

• Like 2

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/19/2020 at 3:26 PM, Maxheadspace said:

We're looking in the Lipa area as well.  But my wife wants a hobby farm, maybe a hectare, and we'll build from ground up.  We've been looking on line as well, and I think everyone selling on line is looking for a rich American/European/Australian, so the prices are pretty jacked up.  We've been working with a woman who we dealt with before on a real estate transaction, but I think she's in Cavite and doesn't stray much further south than Tagaytay, at least during COVID epidemic.  If you're still looking for a real estate person I can pass you her name. We're putting everything on hold right now because we can't really take any action until COVID is behind us.

The prices in the Lipa area for agriculture land have actually been increasing this year. There is definitely a new trend of people from Manila buying up raw land in Batangas and Laguna. 

20 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Seems to be that way everywhere.  I don't think the Covid impact has hit yet, so there may be opportunities coming.

I doubt the price of raw land will drop, but i think it might for condos and houses. 

Edited by Gas
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Gas said:

I doubt the price of raw land will drop, but i think it might for condos and houses. 

May be true, and many poorly constructed cookie cutter houses built by large developers are not worth the land they stand on.  Slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

May be true, and many poorly constructed cookie cutter houses built by large developers are not worth the land they stand on.  Slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean.

Sadly, you don't always get what you pay for here...

• Like 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

We looked at some houses in Lipa yesterday and my wife wasn't much impressed.  I wasn't either to be honest.  Seems like the newer built houses are smaller in subdivisions that are just starting out and scarcely populated.  The prices really weren't in line for what you get even with the multitude of "Discounts".

We visited a few subdivisions and were honestly very surprised at the number of vacant houses and foreclosures.  I think we'll be talking more to a few subdivisions and banks about these.

I actually enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the Lipa area and its multitude of shopping and amenities.  My wife was much less enamored of the area and it was too crowded and busy for her tastes.  So we are looking to try and compromise with areas like Batulao, Tuy, Alfonso, Amadeo, etc that are out of the main cities but are still accessible to their many amenities.😀

We are actually talking to a few real estate brokers who have a pretty good grasp of our wants and budget.  Interesting thing about this country is that a lot of the real estate posting happens on Facebook groups.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Sadly, you don't always get what you pay for here...

On the other hand, what would we get in our home countries for what we pay for a property here - at least in my area?  Not much in all honesty.  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

On the other hand, what would we get in our home countries for what we pay for a property here - at least in my area?  Not much in all honesty.  

Many variables here, but the extremely overvalued Philippine housing market (on higher end houses) is one the big reasons I am going to be moving the family to the U.S.  We have discussed it in other threads, but when I moved here 8 years ago 5-7 million pesos would get you a really nice house.  Now the same type of house has asking prices of 15-20 million.  For 15 million I can get a very nice 3-4 BR house in several areas of the U.S., built to modern codes.  I think a lot of the extreme rise in prices is driven by foreigners.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2