Entering and Extending 9a Visa in Philippines during COVID

jsco2020
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone, my name is John. Hope everyone is doing well during these strange times.

Recently received my 9A visa which is one year multiple entry. Just wondering if anyone has since entered the Philippines during COVID.

Everything is clear on what I need to do with regards to arrival and quarantine in the hotel while waiting for swab results. Just looking to see if anyone has any experience extending there stay, if it is still the same as Pre-Covid.

My visa says it is valid for 59 days stay. Will I get a stamp in my passport at immigration for 59 days or will it just be the standard 30 days? 

And has anyone successfully managed to extend there visa after the original 59 days expires at immigration field offices? 

Sorry for all the questions right off the bat, but just looking for some advice before I book my flights.

Looking through the forum there is some great advice and hope I can contribute myself in any way. Looking forward to spending Christmas with the family, as not seen them since January due to this pandemic and cannot wait to get back to the Philippines!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

John a lot of your answers will be found if you search this site.  

Have a happy stay.

Heeb
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, jsco2020 said:

Hello everyone, my name is John. Hope everyone is doing well during these strange times.

Recently received my 9A visa which is one year multiple entry. Just wondering if anyone has since entered the Philippines during COVID.

Everything is clear on what I need to do with regards to arrival and quarantine in the hotel while waiting for swab results. Just looking to see if anyone has any experience extending there stay, if it is still the same as Pre-Covid.

My visa says it is valid for 59 days stay. Will I get a stamp in my passport at immigration for 59 days or will it just be the standard 30 days? 

And has anyone successfully managed to extend there visa after the original 59 days expires at immigration field offices? 

Sorry for all the questions right off the bat, but just looking for some advice before I book my flights.

Looking through the forum there is some great advice and hope I can contribute myself in any way. Looking forward to spending Christmas with the family, as not seen them since January due to this pandemic and cannot wait to get back to the Philippines!

Cheers

John

My stamp is for 59 days, I'm going to go to a travel agency that a friend recommended and have them work on getting an extension, I think i have to get an ACR card now, it sure was nice having the balikbayan stamp, if it was still possible I would fly to Hong Kong and back with the wife to get another, it would be cheaper.

• Like 2

Shady
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Heeb said:

it sure was nice having the balikbayan stamp,

How do you get that and what are the benefits?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Shady said:

How do you get that and what are the benefits?

That is suspended for now.  It allows a foreigner to enter with his spouse and stay for one year.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Heeb said:

My stamp is for 59 days, I'm going to go to a travel agency that a friend recommended and have them work on getting an extension, I think i have to get an ACR card now, it sure was nice having the balikbayan stamp, if it was still possible I would fly to Hong Kong and back with the wife to get another, it would be cheaper.

BI in Olongapo is very easy to deal with.  No need for an agent and no crowds.  I extended there many times.  That extension with ACR should cost around p7300 for 60 days.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I transitioned from Balikbayan to 9A (because of the difficulty of doing another 'balikbayan run') end of June this year, including acquisition of ACR card...and have extended twice since.... no probs, at my local Field Office at Dagupan, North Luzon.

Just get yourself into the country. I can't see there being any problems extending your stay, once here.  :thumbsup:

Do of course keep an eye out for changes to the rules during the current 'crisis' .

• Like 2

jsco2020
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Heeb said:

That is good to know it is for 59 days. Will look into using a travel agency for extension after the original 59days.

jsco2020
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, graham59 said:

I transitioned from Balikbayan to 9A (because of the difficulty of doing another 'balikbayan run') end of June this year, including acquisition of ACR card...and have extended twice since.... no probs, at my local Field Office at Dagupan, North Luzon.

Just get yourself into the country. I can't see there being any problems extending your stay, once here.  :thumbsup:

Do of course keep an eye out for changes to the rules during the current 'crisis' .

Thanks for the reply.

Yes always keeping an eye out for the changes, which seem to be quite frequent.

• Like 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

That is suspended for now.  It allows a foreigner to enter with his spouse and stay for one year.

No advantages if you aren't traveling?