Entering and Extending 9a Visa in Philippines during COVID

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shady said:

No advantages if you aren't traveling?

Perhaps you misunderstood the answer. The Philippines has suspended that type of visa for now. The advantage used to be you could stay up to one year free of immigration fees. When this resumes the rules are that the spouse of a Philippines citizen must be inbound with the alien spouse and proof of marriage on hand. 

• Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Shady said:

No advantages if you aren't traveling?

For me it was good because I knew I was going to travel out of the country at some point anyway so I didn't have the hassle at BI or have to pay the money to extend, I also didn't have to get an exit clearance when I left.

• Like 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The advantage used to be you could stay up to one year free of immigration fees. When this resumes the rules are that the spouse of a Philippines citizen must be inbound with the alien spouse and proof of marriage on hand. 

That's why I asked what the advantages are if you're already in the PH and don't plan on leaving, and it looks like there aren't any.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Shady said:

That's why I asked what the advantages are if you're already in the PH and don't plan on leaving, and it looks like there aren't any.

Many use a Babalikan visa as they might stay 6 or 7 months or so every year so for them it is a good option. If you dont plan on leaving then no it's not the right option but then again it will give you a year to sort out a 13a or SSRV or whatever without the BI hassle of tourist extensions.

• Like 3

Shady
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

it will give you a year to sort out a 13a or SSRV or whatever without the BI hassle of tourist extensions.

Good point, like a 12 month grace period within the 3 years...or could it extend a 9a beyond the 3 year limit?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Shady said:

Good point, like a 12 month grace period within the 3 years...or could it extend a 9a beyond the 3 year limit?

Its the former.  You still have to leave at 3 years

• Like 1