I'm Positive

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yep, was just informed by my local pharmacy store (CVS) that my COVID test was positive.  The next day, got a phone call from the Nevada state contact tracing officials to maintain isolation for the next 14 day self quarantine.  I went to CVS (drive thru window using my mountain bike) because my eldest daughter had minor cold symptoms (about 2 weeks ago) and sure enough both of us are positive.  It has been 4-5 days now and still no symptoms for me (and my daughter is getting better).  No coughing, congestion, fever, fatigue, weakness, loss of sleep or appetite.  I can even smell my own farts still.  Now my family is wearing masks inside the house and car and everyone is getting tested.  

I also went psycho on spray/wiping the whole house and car with alcohol and hydrogen peroxide.  I didn't realize how a steering wheel can get so damn gross.  All the towels in bathrooms and kitchen, all common surfaces (door knobs, refrigerator, light switches, etc) get a heavy dose of sanitizing.  Like in a petri dish, any germ or virus  will thrive on wet surfaces as the local forecast calls for some rain here.  At this stage, I'm not too concern about me getting any symptoms, even though my health is already compromised with a type II diabetes.  Perhaps it was a false positive or my immune system is still working normally.  

Consider myself lucky.  Will keep you guys advised.....

Edited by Jake
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Stay safe and get well soon Jake.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear you tested positive, but good to hear your symptoms are mild to none.  I wonder how many of us would test positive if we went for the test.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear you've got a mild case (it seems partly to be related to the amount of the original infectious material you get and partly to how your immune system reacts).

I hope you and your family are completely well soon.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Jake, stay strong and healthy!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jake said:

Consider myself lucky.

Look at the bright side Jake. While your being isolated you get to control the TV remote :popcorn:

get better soon :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for sharing get well soon.

Don't forget to double up on alcohol consumption it's known to kill the virus. :cheersty:

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Get well soon Jake.  Milk it for all it's worth. Get the wife to pass food and beer into your man cave for a few weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Like all, best wishes for a safe speedy recovery Mike

• Like 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted

I'm positive that I am negative!

Had to have cataract surgery on my right eye(left already done 1.5 yrs ago). Here in Cebu to get the cataract surgery, I had to have a Neg. Covid test done before the surgery. So I started to check around and found the the PCR test takes about 3-5 days to get the test results and the cost for us Americanos was P10,000 sometimes more in the city of Cebu around P20,000 (non Philhealth). Boy they like us foreigners for this price! So I had the test done on a Friday and scheduled the surgery the following Friday. 7 days I should have the results back in time. I also found out that the  Covid test certificate was only good to 7 days so the surgery had to be done on that last day! Well more fun in the Phils again! I called on the 5th day looking for the results 2 days before surgery. I am sorry sir, it should be ready tomorrow! Tomorrow came and I tried again. I don't know what happened sir! It should be ready by the afternoon at 4pm! So I tried again at 4:30pm! I'm sorry sir, but we are closing and the Certificate is not ready. But I have surgery scheduled tomorrow which the Certificate is only good until then (the 7th day).

So I called the Doctor, woke him up! Said Dr. do you have something for this belly ache. You put the lime in the coconut and drink bot up! (whoops different problem!)

On the 7th day called for the Certificate. None available yet. So asked if I could at least get it emailed to the Dr. doing the surgery and get him a hard-copy latter(after the test expired!) Luckily the Dr. accepted the response so was able to get the Cataract Surgery done. Now I can see clearly all the pretty girls again! Dam, now they are all wearing masks and I can't see the face again!

Sorry to hear JAKE that you tested positive. I'm glade that you are not showing/have any symptoms! I too am a type II diabetic. If you took the PCR (Swab tests)they are known to be only 95% accurate! Maybe you got a positive result due to the inaccuracy of the test. Good luck! :boohoo:

• Haha 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic