New LTO rules for getting a driving license

skippyscage
Posted
Posted
On 7/16/2021 at 8:36 AM, Old55 said:

Welcome to the forum Skippuyscage. Don't become irritated just keep in mind that Philippines is "More Fun". :Policeman:

haha yeah I know - just weird they won't even let me even apply for a motorcycle until after one year

robert k
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, skippyscage said:

haha yeah I know - just weird they won't even let me even apply for a motorcycle until after one year

Do you really want a Philippine commercial drivers license? I sure wouldn't. I think they could be harder on people who have commercial drivers licenses.

• Like 2

skippyscage
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, robert k said:

Do you really want a Philippine commercial drivers license? I sure wouldn't. I think they could be harder on people who have commercial drivers licenses.

we have a farm, so it would be useful if we decided to buy a truck later on - commercial means just weight here

• Like 1

skippyscage
Posted
Posted

I don't mind not having it, but being able to at least drive a scooter would be helpful

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, skippyscage said:

I don't mind not having it, but being able to at least drive a scooter would be helpful

You can drive the scooter.  The problem will be if you are stopped and ask to show the license with indorsement.  So far I have not been stopped in seven years.  Not saying I driver a scooter without indorsement, just saying I have not been stopped.  :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, skippyscage said:

I hear you. I'm so glad I got my license years ago when it was easier. I would be surprised if the Philippines didn't have a farm truck exemption, most countries do.

• Like 2

skippyscage
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mike J said:

You can drive the scooter.  The problem will be if you are stopped and ask to show the license with indorsement.  So far I have not been stopped in seven years.  Not saying I driver a scooter without indorsement, just saying I have not been stopped.  :whistling:

yeah I notice the police seem to ignore us - just today I stopped at a checkpoint going into the city to give my explanation of where and why I'm going into the city -- just waved through with a "take care sir" without saying a word.

I hear the motorcycle test is simply, turn right turn, left and stop -- no wonder no one can drive :whistling:

3 minutes ago, robert k said:

I hear you. I'm so glad I got my license years ago when it was easier. I would be surprised if the Philippines didn't have a farm truck exemption, most countries do.

I can't find anything like that, but as you know, things can be buried away in the weirdest places.

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 7/30/2021 at 5:44 PM, Mike J said:

Typical if driving a car, same for me. How ever when driving 2 wheels different story, at least twice a month.

• Like 1