New math calculation.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If Daddy has six beer and drinks one then how many does he have left?  If Daddy keeps his 6 beer and goes out to buy 6 more does he have 2 times as many beer?

How many beer will Daddy have left if Jack comes over?    Hmmm.  In that case I guess math really is hard.

No mate maths is not hard and she is good at it but the system they use is the most confusing thing ever. BTW if dad has 12 beers and jack comes over dad still has 12 beers as jack can buy his own haha

• Love it 1
  • Haha 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

This discussion reminds me of what happened many many years ago.  I come home from work and on the kitchen counter is a spelling test.  There are 24 words spelled and 12 of them are marked wrong.  In addition is one misspelled word that the teacher missed.  The score at the top of the paper is A++ and a big smiley face drawn beside it.  WTH!  So I congratulate my stepson and ask how he gets A+ when half the words are not spelled correctly.  His explains to me;

"They have new system of teaching spelling.  On Monday they give us 20 words that will be on the Friday test.  On test day you get to choose which 10 of the words you want to spell.  If you decide to try for more than 10 you can and if you get them wrong it does not count against your score."

And that was the day I realized why academic scores in the USA, especially in math, science, and reading comprehension, were plummeting. :sad:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

2+2 = new math.PNG  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

That chalk board is not actually one formula... it's many of them all on a board (some of them I understand, some others I recognize and others I don't even know of).  

And it's not modern math, it was all the work of a guy trying to explain how a womans brain works :thumbsup:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Haha 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 11/28/2020 at 11:21 AM, GeoffH said:

That chalk board is not actually one formula... it's many of them all on a board (some of them I understand, some others I recognize and others I don't even know of).  

And it's not modern math, it was all the work of a guy trying to explain how a womans brain works :thumbsup:

I thought it was the answer to the question that pops up here on a regular basis; "How much does it cost to live in the Philippines". :tongue:

• Haha 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I thought it was the answer to the question that pops up here on a regular basis; "How much does it cost to live in the Philippines". :tongue:

A bit off-topic, but that ongoing question is the same as asking 'how much does it cost to live in' the UK, US, OZ, NZ, or anywhere else.

It all depends on so many variables that you'd need as many calculations as Jake posted.

Capture.JPG 

• Like 1