Christmas decorations. Do Filipinas know when to stop?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Does your Filipina significant other really get into Christmas decorations? Does she know when to stop?

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Does your Filipina significant other really get into Christmas decorations? Does she know when to stop?

She bought a big christmas tree, a pile of decorations for the tree and some bits and pieces for the house the christmas after we bought the house.

Since then she's not bought anything else so I guess she's stopped :)

(it was a surprising amount of dollars to me when she went christmas tree and decoration shopping back then but it seems to be lasting ok)

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Not anymore, basically I got fed up with them still hanging around til Easter (I kid you not ) this will the 3rd year of none  

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Jack, my wife starts decorating on Thanksgiving day but it's mid January before they go back up into the attic. If she had her way they would go up early October.

Edited by Old55
  • Haha 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

A put up a few strings of those flashing LED lights for her a few days ago...she did mention placement of our Xmas tree (at present in a cupboard under the kitchen sink)...but not much action since then. :89:

I really WILL miss the local Barangay and family dance-party events, if there are to be none this year though. :sad:

• Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I really WILL miss the local Barangay and family dance-party events,

It's OK Graham you can still enjoy your Beans on Toast :whistling:

• Haha 3

graham59
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

It's OK Graham you can still enjoy your Beans on Toast :whistling:

Indeed. I can and I will (plus any other tasty grub I can get hold of...and have probably paid for anyway. :biggrin: )

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We need extra tinsel, we need extra lights and so on is all I was hearing until I got everything out and shown Emma how much we really had , enough to cover 2 very large Christmas trees .

I thought I got through to her but midweek a parcel came and yes more glittery items , bless her 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've convinced mine that I don't celebrate Pagan festivals.  She's now knows that the Christians have stolen the Winter Solstice and I can't condone theft. :thumbsup:  

Edited by Snowy79
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 3

strap
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Old55 said:

Yes. No.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2