Vehicle registration

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am pretty sure they have a policy that goes something like:  If you have to ask they you have to pay.  If you don't know then it will cost you.

Is that negative thinking?  Or just the way things are in the Philippines.

Nope.  Did it with my Brio a few months ago. No issues.  The lto i mentioned is good.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hi Jack.  Do you mean you joined in the yearly Fiasco AFTER the 3 years was up or starting the first year you got the car? I remember you saying it came with 3 free years but I never asked you about it after that.

After 3 years was up so on the 4th February I Had to do as others, Smoke test etc the LTO. Of course we should take note that it should be done as after that 3rd Year you need a new Third Party Ticket. As you probably know they go by the last number of plate for the month to register but I am not sure what happens if your last number is 0 as they don't do any in November an December :shades:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Both of my cars had the 3 years.  Nothing to do until 4th year was due.

Thanks!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I am not sure what happens if your last number is 0 as they don't do any in November an December :shades:

My wifes me that if the last number on your Plate is a 0 you should register in OCTOBER as this is the 10 th Month :tiphat:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

if the last number on your Plate is a 0 you should register in OCTOBER as this is the 10 th Month

So it sounds like the LTO has November and December off . . no plates to renew.  :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So it sounds like the LTO has November and December off . . no plates to renew.  :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

Allows time for more important duties - dance contests, parties, fiesta, Christmas dinners, talent shows, karaoke, etc.   They get so busy they need a 13th month wage to maintain living standard. :whistling: 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

:whistling: Well I guess they should catch up on things But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:whatever: 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mike J said:

Allows time for more important duties - dance contests, parties, fiesta, Christmas dinners, talent shows, karaoke, etc.   They get so busy they need a 13th month wage to maintain living standard. :whistling: 

I have always thought of the 13th month wage as basically being holiday pay, I'm not sure about other countries but 4 weeks annual leave pay (whether you take it or cash it out) is the de facto Australian standard and it doesn't seem much different to me.  Most of the time I used to cash all but a week and work across the Christmas & New Year period (it was quiet and easy work then).

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I have always thought of the 13th month wage as basically being holiday pay

Straying off topic, as normal lol. In my view the 13 month pay is government mandated addition to the minimum wage. A bonus is given for work well done, a gift is given  through a benevolence of the giver. Pay is given for work performed. This is really nothing more than politicians making themselves look good, without having to get a law passed to increase the minimum wage, as the original decree says. I just hate unfunded mandates, no matter what country it is :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

WHEREAS, it is necessary to further protect the level of real wages from the ravage of worldwide inflation;

WHEREAS, there has been no increase in the legal minimum wage rates since 1970;

WHEREAS, the Christmas season is an opportune time for society to show its concern for the plight of the working masses so they may properly celebrate Christmas and New Year.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Constitution, do hereby decree as follows:chanroblesvirtuallawlibrary

Section 1. All employers are hereby required to pay all their employees receiving a basic salary of not more than P1,000 a month, regardless of the nature of their employment, a 13th-month pay not later than December 24 of every year.

Sec. 2. Employers already paying their employees a 13th-month pay or its equivalent are not covered by this Decree.

Sec. 3. This Decree shall take effect immediately.

Done in the City of Manila, this 16th day of December 1975.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I have always thought of the 13th month wage as basically being holiday pay,

And then there is the 14th month wage:

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1877198/Bacolod/Local-News/Capitol-starts-releasing-14th-month-pay

Spoiler

Capitol starts releasing 14th month pay

+
AA
-

November 18, 2020

THE Provincial Government of Negros Occidental has started releasing the 14th month bonus of employees.

Lawyer Rayfrando Diaz, provincial administrator, said they processed the employees' 14th month bonus last week and the distribution also started last week.

Aside from the 14th month pay, Diaz said employees will also receive an additional P5,000 in cash as part of their Performance Enhancement Incentives or PEI.

On the issue of the additional bonuses sought by the Capitol employees, Diaz said the Provincial Legal Office is already reviewing if they could release the Collective Negotiation Agreement or CNA bonus to them.

If approved, the issue of the CNA bonus will be forwarded to the Provincial Board in order to give the authority to Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson to sign its release.

But Diaz pointed out that the release of the CNA bonus will depend if they still have savings in their maintenance and other operating expenses or the province's MOOE.

Earlier, Lacson announced there would be no extra bonus this year, as the province realigned funds to the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) response.

But Vice Governor Jeffrey Ferrer later revealed that Lacson tried to find ways to give the employees' bonus.

Last year, Capitol employees received an additional bonus of P60,000, aside from the 13th and 14th month benefits, respectively, which are usually being distributed in May and November every year.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1